FreeNAS is very sluggish with lots of warnings

theaddies

Contributor
I have tried to google the errors below and the only thing I can find is that it might be related to the boot disk. I am running 2 mirrored SSDs. I haven't made any changes to the system recently and until a day or so it was running fine. I am running the latest stable release. It is so sluggish I am having trouble accessing the GUI to get the exact version number. Found it via SSH. 11.2 Stable.
Code:
The following alert has been cleared:
* smartd is not running

Current alerts:
* Unable to run alert source 'HasUpdate'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/alert.py", line 470, in __run_source
    alerts = (await alert_source.check()) or []
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/alert/base.py", line 100, in check
    return await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.check_sync)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_thread
    return await self.loop.run_in_executor(executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/../alert/source/update.py", line 34, in check_sync
    path = self.middleware.call_sync("notifier.get_update_location")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1126, in call_sync
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 425, in result
    return self.__get_result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 384, in __get_result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1058, in _call
    return await run_method(methodobj, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_thread
    return await self.loop.run_in_executor(executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py", line 1526, in get_update_location
    syspath = c.call('systemdataset.config')['path']
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py", line 1526, in get_update_location
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 447, in call
    raise CallTimeout("Call timeout")
middlewared.client.client.CallTimeout: Call timeout

D

dlavigne

Does installing the same version to a new boot device resolve the issue?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Code:

Hmm... a call timeout here isn't a great sign. You might want to check status of your boot and data pools via `zpool status`.