FreeNAS going offline periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachingram8

Cadet
I am new-ish to FreeNAS so please excuse any misunderstanding. I am running FreeNAS version-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x86 (r11950). I am using it to send backup jobs using Symantec from several servers to a CIFS on the volume I created. It was working great for about a week and then the box went offline. I could not longer ping the device or get to the GUI. I did not see any obvious errors at the console. The only way I could bring it back up is to reboot the device. After reboot it works fine for another week or so and then goes offline again.

I thought that maybe it was a NIC going bad so I added an additional NIC and set up two interfaces, one for each physical NIC. Another few days went by and it went offline again. When it went offline this time I was unable to ping either NIC new or old and could not get to the GUI. Rebooted and it came back up fine. I have searched through the GUI to see if there is any sort of timeout settings, or sleep settings or anything of that sort and could not find anything.

Also, is there any sort of logging that I can look at to see what may be causing the issue?

I am out of ideas. Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.