FreeNAS Corral Boot2Docker VM DNS Permanent Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLEPTOROTH

Dabbler
Hey guys,
So I know Corral was relegated to tech preview, but I can't give up docker (hoping for that 11.1 goodness soon). My only major issue at this time (other than iSCSI pretty much not working at all) is that the boot2Docker VM resets the DNS settings every time it reboots. I am just learning Docker so if there is a super easy fix, please forgive me. Does anyone know how to permanently set the nameserver IP and search domain for the host VM so any VM's loaded on it will use that config?

Thank you guys!!!

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
I just checked how I had my settings and didn't see a place for domain and gateway. However, you should be able to enable bridged and leave it DHCP, take the MAC address and enter it in to your DHCP server with the other settings you want to use. Then when it reboots it will just keep getting the data from your DHCP server.

KLEPTOROTH

Dabbler
I just checked how I had my settings and didn't see a place for domain and gateway. However, you should be able to enable bridged and leave it DHCP, take the MAC address and enter it in to your DHCP server with the other settings you want to use. Then when it reboots it will just keep getting the data from your DHCP server.

Hey thanks for the response!! So strangely enough... it IS bridged, and getting DHCP from my domain controller (which contains DNS options 3, 6, and 15 which are the Router, DNS server, and domain name respectively)..... yet /etc/resolv.conf in the boot2docker VM comes up with the Google nameservers after reboot... and so all the VMs inherit that setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.