FreeNAS 11 lost web interface after a reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray DeMoss

Dabbler
I've been working on a Plex issue for the last three days and in an effort to fix that issue, I decided to just reboot the whole server. When I did, the web interface never came back although my network card is online and has an IP address. My SMB shares are online and I can see all my jails (except Plex which I'm still dealing with). As a side note, my issues with Plex starting after the upgrade to the 1.92.x and nothings worked right since. At the FreeNAS console I see the list of items on the display to choose from. When I drop to the shell, ifconfig shows ix0 with my static IP address, but no default URL is available to attach to.

About 2 months ago, I upgraded my NIC's to the Intel X540-T2 10Gbe card and attached it to a new Netgear 10Gbe switch. Like some others here have noted, I'm dealing with some slow performance but I can use get about 2-3Gb speeds which is fine for now since everything else has been working great besides that. My server is a dual Processor system with Intel Xeon CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz for a total of 48 cores hyperthreaded. The FreeNAS server and all jails have static IP addresses.

What I'd like to know is what logs to look at to diagnose the webgui issues or maybe how to restart that service to bring it back online. I'm comfortable with the command line and have a background in Linux. I look at logs all the time too, but not sure what I'm looking for here since it's pretty much always worked for me. I can log into the FreeNAS server via ssh so I'm connected. I'm happy to upload logs as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
This sounds like it might be a browser cache issue that has been reported by some users. You might try clearing your browser cache or try logging in to the GUI with another browser.

Ray DeMoss

Dabbler
Thanks for the suggestion. I did use multiple browsers, Chrome and Firefox. Both with the same result. Typically when you look at the FreeNAS console, you can see the URL to attach to for the GUI interface. This never appeared so I presume that service failed to start. I'm surprised there isn't a known command to restart the GUI from the console.

I decided to roll back the boot drive 2 weeks using the bootloader and now the web URL shows up on the console and I'm able to connect with Chrome. I may have lost a few minor changes over two weeks but for now it's working.

The page never loaded. I'd get a 404 (I think) with "refused" for the return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.