FreeNAS 11 - Import Disk (NTFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jFlatz

Dabbler
Hey gang,
So I just attempted to import a NFS formated disk and wanted to followup and get some support.

After starting the process of importing the disk I left the dialogue box up and let it do its thing. Meanwhile I noticed it gave no indicator of where it was. So after almost three hours I thought to open a new tab and check out the Disk I/O in the reporting section and found that there was no activity. I went back to the tab with the Import Disk dialogue box open and hit the button for it to run in the background. I than curiously hit the "Import Disk" button again and as prompted with:

Code:
Import of Volume Failed.

Reason Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./freenasUI/storage/views.py", line 350, in volimport
data = json.loads(get_import_progress_from_socket())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 354, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 339, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Some data must have gotten imported, I haven't checked what or its integrate yet, because the newly created data-set that it was imported to is now ~187KiB.

So my questions are:

1) How should I go about rectifying the error and complete the import?
2) What is the most efficient way to compare the data on the NTFS drive to what is now in the dataset? No Data was transfered
3) Should I consider Import Disk to be incomplete and refrain from using it? If so, what is the most efficient way of getting my data migrated to my NAS box?

Bug reported: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/25350

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Is this on U2? If so, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org that includes the full text of that traceback and post the issue number here.

jFlatz

Dabbler
Is this on U2? If so, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org that includes the full text of that traceback and post the issue number here.
I am on U2. As for full text of traceback you mean what I posted above in the code box? If so, you got it. If not please elaborate so I can get more information.

D

dlavigne

Definitely everything you posted above. If there's any more to it in /var/log/messages, post that as well.

jFlatz

Dabbler

jFlatz

Dabbler
Is it safe to un-mount the NTFS partition? If so what is the best way for me to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.