Freenas 11.3-u3.2

Jerren

Explorer
Last night i was trying to install and learn how to use the Transmission plugin. In itself it went fairly smoothly until i got to a point where when giving a torrent to Transmission in it's web interface i didn't have permissions (even though i had looked it up and fixed that after, still no succes). So i figured you know i may aswell start over from scratch to avoid any faults lingering in there. Here's where things went wrong.

So i went to plugins to uninstall Transmission, have to put in the jailname so it can delete everything, click confirm. And then i went to do something else because why wait for an uninstall of a plugin that i had done a few times already with other plugins. But when i came back i had lost connection to my Nas. The other machine that was hooked on the same power socket & switch was still reachable. So i went to look and sure enough the freenas box had shutdown for some reason. I don't know how to look for a reason on how that happened so any help on that would be amazing (I see an alert that there was an unplanned reboot but nothing else). But also when i finally logged back in, the plugin was gone but the jail now showed CORRUPT in the state section, when i try to delete that jail i get an error and the following info.

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1509, in json_load
    with open(self.location + "/config.json", "r") as conf:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/ssd/iocage/jails/Transmission/config.json'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1525, in json_load
    jail_dataset.properties["org.freebsd.iocage:host_hostuuid"]
KeyError: 'org.freebsd.iocage:host_hostuuid'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 130, in call_method
    io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1084, in _call
    return await methodobj(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 409, in delete
    f'{self._config.namespace}.delete', self, self.do_delete, [id] + list(args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1098, in _call
    return await run_method(methodobj, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
    return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/io_thread_pool_executor.py", line 25, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 965, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 888, in do_delete
    iocage.destroy_jail(force=options.get('force'))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 721, in destroy_jail
    ioc_destroy.IOCDestroy().destroy_jail(path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_destroy.py", line 272, in destroy_jail
    iocage_lib.ioc_stop.IOCStop(uuid, path, silent=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_stop.py", line 62, in __init__
    raise e
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_stop.py", line 55, in __init__
    path, suppress_log=True).json_get_value('all')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1717, in json_get_value
    return self.get_full_config()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1366, in get_full_config
    conf, write = self.json_load()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1541, in json_load
    exception=ioc_exceptions.JailMissingConfiguration)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 103, in logit
    callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 76, in callback
    raise callback_exception(message)
iocage_lib.ioc_exceptions.JailMissingConfiguration: Transmission is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
To force-delete the corrupt jail, try zfs destroy -fr ssd/iocage/jails/Transmission. Also, verify that your jail dataset is designated correctly: zfs get org.freebsd.iocage:active ssd should result in yes.

Jerren

Explorer
Thanks alot again! After that command i no longer see the corrupt jail in the jail listing.

When running the "zfs get org.freebsd.iocage:active ssd " command i get the response below.

Code:
root@Brisingr[~]# zfs get org.freebsd.iocage:active ssd
NAME  PROPERTY                   VALUE                      SOURCE
ssd   org.freebsd.iocage:active  -                          -

So does that mean my jails are not working properly? So far with my stuff i've use the plugin installer each time when i want to try one out and only the first time i installed a plugin did it ask me to assign a pool location. Haven't had an issue like this in about 10+ in-&uninstalls from plugins with it so far...

Samuel Tai

You don't have a jail pool set. Go to Jails, and click the gear:

1595463150907.png

In the dialog that follows, pull down to your ssd pool, and click Choose. This will properly set the org.bsd.iocage:active property to yes on your pool.

Jerren

Explorer
Oh wauw, i thought when selecting a pool during plugin installation that it would either do it for you or tell you to do that.

Did it now and "ssd" was already selected so i just clicked choose.

To be sure it worked, i ran the "zfs get org.freebsd.iocage:active ssd" command after it and i got the same result as before.

Samuel Tai

Correction, it should be org.freebsd.ioc:active, not org.freebsd.iocage:active.

Jerren

Explorer
Aah nice, thank you for knowing and sharing all this knowledge by the way, i really appreciate it.

Code:
NAME  PROPERTY                   VALUE                      SOURCE
ssd   org.freebsd.iocage:active  yes                          local

That seems to have been correct and the fix worked! Thank you very much!

Jerren

Explorer
1 small note i do want to make, not sure if it's important, i decided to install the Transmission plugin again to do another attempt at setting it up and i got an error on the plugin install: "Error: Jail: Transmission has a missing configuration, please check that the dataset is mounted."

I did for jail name pick Transmission again so maybe that's why it happened? Something still lingering? I tried installing the plugin again, this time just naming the jail transmission and appearantly not using a capital t was good enough to let the install happen.

Samuel Tai

Yes, this is because the plugin definition uses a lower-case t on the back-end.

Jerren

Explorer
Oh? But it has not given me errors in the past whenever i used a capital letter on any jail i named for a plugin. Does this mean other plugins might be at risk? At this point in time only Emby is one i really want to keep running, the rest are not important and can be remade with lower case letters if needed.

Samuel Tai

https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git lists all the plugins on the back-end:

1595527295702.png

They're all defined as lower-case. For your emby plugin, check iocage get plugin_name <name of emby plugin>. This should have value emby (all lower-case).

Jerren

Explorer
Nice it does give the value emby.
So i guess it doesn't matter for the Emby plugin that i named it's jail Emby.
Where as with the Transmission plugin, naming the jail Transmission is a problem.

Thanks for giving me piece of mind that that jail will work fine or atleast as intended going forward