FreeNAS 11.3-U1 // Cloud sync to Backblaze B2 always fails

mindfury

Cadet
I've tried this through several versions and have reached an impasse in my troubleshooting.

It seems that trying to do a Cloud Sync to Backblaze B2 always ends up failing according to the status known in the Cloud Sync Tasks page, also the same in the Alerts tab. I've tried searching the logs and the only thing I can find is the command execution that is invoked by a component called 'middlewared.' I haven't been able to locate if rclone records any error to the logs that can aid in troubleshooting.

My next thought would be to try a manual run somehow inside screen so I can watch any output to stdout/stderr, but I wanted to run things by the group and see if there's anything I've missed in terms of how to troubleshoot this better.

Any insight would be appreciated.

--Philip

spotcatbug

Dabbler
I think you're already aware of this, but I'm having difficulty figuring it out from your post. If the below is obvious, just ignore it.

I had what I think is at least a similar issue after upgrading my Mac to Catalina.

It took me a while to discover that if you click on the big "Failed" button in the Cloud Sync Tasks list, a window showing the log of what happened will pop up. I think you managed that much. That log had a bunch of info, including something about "middlewared" (this is from memory because mine is working now.) I believe middlewared is where all GUI-initiated action begins, so you need to scroll further to get to what middlewared eventually calls and how that failed.

For me, there was an rclone error in that log. It's almost certainly something different for you, but my problem was that the source directory's name had changed (the Catalina upgrade had changed the name of the directory) and rclone was failing, "directory not found" or some such.