Freenas 11.2 using MineOS plugin - cannot connect Minecraft client

Chris S

Cadet
Setup a new FreeNAS 11.2 server, installed the MineOS, configured. Everything server side is working as expected. I can create Minecraft Servers. They stop/start just fine. Logs show all is well and the respective Minecraft server is up and listening on the specified port. I can use a windows box to ping and telnet to respective ports successfully. When i utilize a minecraft client to connect to the server i get a 'server could not be found' message. the issue is not a networking issue. the devices are on the same subnet and i can ping all sides of the issue. I am sure it is simple but what suggestions would anyone have to troubleshoot further?

Chris S

Cadet
Not yet. Had to take brief pause in working on it but still not sure how to troubleshoot in order to understand why the client does not connect.

_Alchemist_

Dabbler
I had to edit the NAT Port Forwarding in the MineOS Jail to get it working (under: Jails --> MineOS --> Edit --> Network Properties)
1585859290749.png

I added the TCP 25565 and USD 25565 Port and then it worked without any Problems, but I don't know if this is the same issue you've had