FreeNAS-11.1-U7 - Plex Not Updating (Shell Method)

Arkhen

Explorer
I've been manually updating my Plex installation for a long time, using the below steps, up until now without any issues.
But for some reason this no longer works. Shell claims I'm already on the latest version, but Plex itself is asking me to update to the latest version.
  1. jls
  2. jexec 1 csh (replace 1 with whatever jail number you have!)
  3. fetch -o PMS_Updater.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater/master/PMS_Updater.sh
  4. chmod 755 PMS_Updater.sh
  5. ./PMS_Updater.sh -vv -a
FreeNAS version: FreeNAS-11.1-U7
My current Plex version is: 1.14.1.5488
The version I'm trying to obtain: 1.15.1.791

shell.PNG

Plex.PNG

I'm confused... Hopefully one of you guys are able to make sense of this.

Thanks in advance!

lixenstrand

Cadet
Ive got the very same problem so I hope someone can let us know whats up.

I'm on 11.2 with Iocage and the same version of plex. ITs the version that the plugin is in for some reasion?

nojohnny101

Wizard
did you try just running the update command yourself from within the jail?

Code:
pkg update && pkg upgrade multimedia/plexmediaserver-plexpass

ThreeDee

Guru
I was doing the PMS_Updater ..but this latest Plex update borked getting metadata and I couldn't access server settings in the Plex webgui .. so went back to 1.14.1.588 and will just stick with the plug-ins quarterly updates. I don't remember what instructions I used for the working PMS_Updater though .. just more of a word of caution than actual help I guess

wxlsxn

Dabbler
I was doing the PMS_Updater ..but this latest Plex update borked getting metadata and I couldn't access server settings in the Plex webgui .. so went back to 1.14.1.588 and will just stick with the plug-ins quarterly updates. I don't remember what instructions I used for the working PMS_Updater though .. just more of a word of caution than actual help I guess
I experienced the same issue. Tried it multiple times and also tried wiping out the Plug-ins as suggested by others on the web regarding the settings unavailable.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Oh you installed via plugin?

wxlsxn

Dabbler
No I didn’t install via plugin.
EDIT: At least to my recollection I did not use the plug-in. I used a guide in these forums to manually install Plex inside an iocage jail.

Last edited: