FreeNAS 11.0 -U4 can i update Plex?

Snake3y3s

Explorer
Well, at the moment, this is all theory, But very valuable information.
Thank you so much for your assistance again.

I will take the first steps either tonight or on the weekend to see if I can fit the SSD in the enclosure and go from there (and see how many times i screw it up)

Snake3y3s

Explorer
Hi Yorick

So my NAS is performing HORRIBLY slow (i have not done ANYTHING to it yet, as in all the things we spoke of before in this thread)

could this be a sign that the USB thumb drive is failing?
its slow across the board... so on boot, on accessing the drives through SMB/windows. on video playback and scrubbing. and the plex server takes a very long time to load up and does not seem to find any files.

any suggestions on what i can look at/check.
or should i just go ahead with trying to replace the USB thumbdrive with the SSD

(I didnt get to it because for the past 3 months I have been busy with helping students with their final end year animations... I am a 2nd year assistant at a animation school)

Snake3y3s

Explorer
Hi Yorick

So i did the "upgrade" of replacing the USB thumb drive with a SSD. re-installed FreeNAS 11.0-U4. and all seemed well.
re-imported my config... let it reboot, and all still seemed fine.
I then went ahead and re-inserted my drives (that the raid is on) and then everything seemed fine, but its all still so slow...

I need help. Im not getting any errors (well, the FreeNAS GUI is not alerting me of any.)

How would i go about checking all my drives (maybe doing an immediate S.M.A.R.T test?)
also, do I maybe need to do a scrub?
what would I need to look out for?

I cant figure out why all of a sudden the server is so damn slow

Snake3y3s

Explorer
Okay, guess I'm onto the upgrade path now.
So will upgrade FreeNAS to 11.2 -U1, then to 11.2-U8... then do the transfer of the jail from Warden to IOcage (or re-create)
then from there to 11.3 and up.

should I try Update to 11.2-U1 or do a fresh install, or a upgrade from install media?? (this is where i have been a little apprehensive to do anything)