Forum themes: "Ganz großes Kino theme" - Old (ending Oct 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it just looked like the images source was incorrect to me.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
it just looked like the images source was incorrect to me.
Yes it was. It is a XenForo config item that must be set for each theme outside of the CSS adjustments that I make. Right after you suggested a bad source (url) I realized what was likely the issue but had avoided. Now fixed. I also scaled it down a little and it might be slightly less bright, and has a drop shadow.

The @ windows does not display any names (or they are illegible) only thumbnails.
120419-1.png

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
The @ windows does not display any names (or they are illegible) only thumbnails. View attachment 30042
Thanks for pointing this out. It is another feature I do not use. In the XenForo config settings for this theme, I set ALL of the colors to blue. So, when this sort of thing occurs, I can very easily notice where I must add some CSS. There is also the side-effect of when I botch something in the CSS which breaks it, and then the whole thing is blue. There are a couple things I might keep blue but this one was unforeseen.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:
The blue is definitely noticeable like when you mouseover the previous page button on multipage threads

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
The blue is definitely noticeable like when you mouseover the previous page button on multipage threads
Since the majority of the changes in this theme are for colors rather than positions, the config to all blue is helpful. I intend little blue, certainly most mouse-overs will be changed. Anything that remains blue on blue will be fixed. I can beat these items into shape after work, sometime around 2am at the soonest. If there are others, especially things that appear while using a smartphone, it would help to be reminded of them. Thank you.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I have recently realized that there is no indicator once the headers are sticky (the top forum bar with links including 'Documentation') if using the New Style, or that also include the section with the 'FreeNAS.org' link.

My plan is to have the breadcrumbs not to also become sticky, because this makes a very large top header that reduces viewing size for messages or editing, but to hopefully shift it onto one of the other two sections, where space permits. If not entire breadcrumbs, then at least the current forum name, such as "Ganz großes Kino theme" - Discussion, Comments, Requests while viewing this message for example. Other long-winded discussions with multiple posts and possibly imperfect topic control (at times) make it very difficult to know which forum one is reading simply by message context.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
For those admins and moderators who happen to use the Ganz großes Kino theme they will notice that the staff bar will have its contents shift to the sticky menubar beside 'members' item. This is a really cool feature that IMHO makes little sense why it would be permitted to hide, wouldn't a mod want to be able to act as quick as possible? This is the concept I want to implement for the breadcrumbs. Now that I succeeded with this feature, the breadcrumbs should be just as easy to accomplish.

The advantage of this over the prior minor shift and sticky, is that the staff bar content (buttons etc) will not obstruct any other buttons. In addition to this, by being included with the menu buttons, a narrow screen will cause it to hide within a scrollable space but remain accessible.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Sorry folks, some things have gotten broken in my attempts to make the changes more portable. The staffbar buttons seem to be always visible, the breadcrumbs do not appear. I'm hacking away at it, trying to solve these things and get back the spiffy changes I had. I want some sort of portable or minimal change method like a function call (ie, macro) or widget so that these can very easily be incorporated.

Is there supposed to be a IX Systems banner on the bottom of the rules agreement page on the left of the check box? I took a screenshot and immediately deleted it.....

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Is there supposed to be a IX Systems banner on the bottom of the rules agreement page on the left of the check box? I took a screenshot and immediately deleted it.....
I am not sure. If this is the new thing they added that is kind of a reminder of the rules with a confirmation, I saw it only once and I tend to use Ganz großes Kino so I cannot say. I haven't specifically styled it to remove anything, I don't know what styling would affect it. I would have to view the page to inspect any CSS so that I might know one way or other if it is different in my theme or not.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I might not have time at the moment to work on the Ganz großes Kino - dark theme but I have noticed a fair amount of changes and possibly breakages recently. It will take a bit of effort to iron it all out, especially since a cursory overview showed that I may not have been following my own inheritance scheme properly (or possibly some things were reverted, I dunno). I see that we have succumbed to the everything is circular bubbles aesthetic which you can imagine that I despise. When I figure out how and why some changes influenced Ganz großes Kino, issues will be corrected. It also appears that we may be using a different version of 'FontAwesome' or something, and some of those probably need adjusting.

I suspect that the logo for each section has been missing for quite a while. They've been restored. There was a URL change that I didn't realize but a little examination helped me solve it. This was set in the progenitor theme, so this means the repair affects all themes descendent from it.

Square avatar images are back for Ganz großes Kino -parent descended themes.

There are still a number of "newly blue" items that I will need to take care of but at least the above is a good start after a substantial break from theme work.

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I don't understand why images are used in place of 'Font Awesome' especially since these forums pay to have the 'pro' version. I managed to swap FA in place of the 'thumb up' graphic but it might be better yet to use the proper markup and revise the templates involved. I do not like revising templates if I can avoid it. Though it means investigation to discover what and where, then possibly modify the template unles s in the process of digging I find something to configure instead (doubtful, unlikely).

Oh, the online indicator overlap onto their avatars (to the left of this text) is also FA and a circled checkmark instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.