Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

TAC

Contributor
I'm running FreeNAS 11.2 and can't seem to find the detailed instructions for creating a SABnzbd jail.

Currently, I have Plex, Sonarr, and Radarr running in 11.2 jails with SABnzbd running in an old legacy jail and I'd like to update it.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm running FreeNAS 11.2 and can't seem to find the detailed instructions for creating a SABnzbd jail.
It's in the "unsupported" section in the OP.

Mehul V

Explorer
Anyone using Flood + rTorrent? What do you guys think about using it inside jails? Or maybe use their docker image instead? Has anyone tried either of the two methods? Any thoughts? Any preferences?

xleejohnx

Cadet
i am having a lot of permission problems
i have to run this command to get it to automatically move and rename movies

iocage exec radarr chown -R rdarr:radarr /downloads/movies

basically give it permissions all over again to get it to work

TAC

Contributor
i am having a lot of permission problems
i have to run this command to get it to automatically move and rename movies

iocage exec radarr chown -R rdarr:radarr /downloads/movies

basically give it permissions all over again to get it to work

Did you run that command from the root of your Radarr jail? Did you only have to run it once?

xleejohnx

Cadet
Did you run that command from the root of your Radarr jail? Did you only have to run it once?
yes and i have to do it every time to just it to work
i think i messed up permission somewhere along the line because now i cant even install a plugin
get this error
pkg-static: /var/db/pkg permissions (0777) too lax

going to delete and start fresh

Last edited:

TAC

Contributor
yes and i have to do it every time to just it to work
i think i messed up permission somewhere along the line because now i can't even install a plugin
get this error
pkg-static: /var/db/pkg permissions (0777) too lax
What is the path to your movies on your FreeNAS system and what is the path to where your movies are downloaded to?

What about the paths in your Radarr jail?

xleejohnx

Cadet
What is the path to your movies on your FreeNAS system and what is the path to where your movies are downloaded to?

What about the paths in your Radarr jail?
i started fresh to clear all the permission issues i was having so now im back to the original problem
i ran the command iocage exec sonarr chown -R sonarr:sonarr /downloads/tvshows
that should have gave sonarr permission over that folder but sonarr still has access denied

sab downloads into downloads/sabnzbd/complete then moves the data into downloads/tvshows
then sonarr is going to move it and rename it into the main tvshow folder for plex

edit: sabnzbd has a chmod for downloads in the setttings so i made it 777 and now everything works

Last edited:

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Just updated to FreeNAS-11.2-U2 and none of my jails are accessible on the network. They are static IPs.

charlesd

Cadet
This fixed the problem for me.

https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-2-u2/ said:
To resolve this error when starting a plugin or jail or when installing a jail, click the 3 button menu for that jail, click Edit, click Network Properties, and change the vnet_default_interface property to “auto”. If that does not resolve the issue, try checking and unchecking the DHCP box.

nMad

Dabbler
I have a question regarding this guide. I am wondering if I could install the applications (e.g. transmission, radarr, sonarr) as plugins instead of manual jails and still be able to follow the rest of this guide. Or is it better to use manual jails instead? What are the pros and cons of each way?

edit: typo's

Last edited:

Wolfeman0101

Patron
I have a question regarding this guide. I am wondering if I could install the applications (e.g. transmission, radarr, sonarr) as plugins instead of manual jails and still be able to rest of this guide. Or is it better to use manual jails instead? What are the pros and cons of each way?
Do it manually. Otherwise you are tied to when/if they update the plugin instead of being able to stay up to date.

nMad

Dabbler
Do it manually. Otherwise you are tied to when/if they update the plugin instead of being able to stay up to date.
Thanks for your reply, in that case I will do it manually by following this guide. Biggest 'challenge' for me is to migrate all transmission torrents to this new transmission iocage jail :)

edit: done!

Created new iocage jail for Transmission, used same data mount structure and user/group as in the Transmission warden jail. Copied config files from old to new jail: sudo rsync -av --delete /mnt/tank/jails/transmission_1/var/db/transmission/ /mnt/tank/apps/transmission/transmission-home/

Used a combination of this guide and https://gist.github.com/mow4cash/e2fd4991bd2b787ca407a355d134b0ff which is also based on this guide :)

Last edited:

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Thanks for your reply, in that case I will do it manually by following this guide. Biggest 'challenge' for me is to migrate all transmission torrents to this new transmission iocage jail :)

edit: done!

Created new iocage jail for Transmission, used same data mount structure and user/group as in the Transmission warden jail. Copied config files from old to new jail: sudo rsync -av --delete /mnt/tank/jails/transmission_1/var/db/transmission/ /mnt/tank/apps/transmission/transmission-home/

Used a combination of this guide and https://gist.github.com/mow4cash/e2fd4991bd2b787ca407a355d134b0ff which is also based on this guide :)
Yeah rsync is great for this.

nMad

Dabbler
Yes it is! All my old warden plugins and jails are running smoothly as iocage jails now thanks to this guide and the one I mentioned in my previous reply.

I am planning to delete my old warden jails (which are already inactive) and the /tank/jails dataset in the near future. Is this safe to do or is it not recommended? I like cleaning up ;)

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
I updated from 9.10 today. Trying to follow this guide, but it assumes too much, or requires understanding I do not have. I'm trying to follow the directions for plex, but when i get to this step
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0
I am getting error Destination: /mnt/main/iocage/jails/plex/root/config does not exist!
My pool is named main not tank1, so I subbed that in (may be helpful to call that out in the guide). I created dataset apps and dataset plex inside that as is assumed with this, so not sure what I'm missing. I need some ELI5 instructions here, which these are not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stingray88

Dabbler
Hey all, I've had Sonarr & SABnzbd working together nicely for a while, and now I've decided to add Transmission into the mix as a backup. I had no issues getting Sonarr, Jackett and Transmission working together, but after a successful download of a torrent from my private tracker, that's when I realized Sonarr doesn't unpack .rar files. So I've been trying to add an auto extract script to run after Transmission, and not having much luck finding a good guide that still works... a lot of the forum post I find are dead ends.

Can anyone advise me on scripts they use with transmission for automatic extraction?

nMad

Dabbler
I updated from 9.10 today. Trying to follow this guide, but it assumes too much, or requires understanding I do not have. I'm trying to follow the directions for plex, but when i get to this step
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0
I am getting error Destination: /mnt/main/iocage/jails/plex/root/config does not exist!
My pool is named main not tank1, so I subbed that in (may be helpful to call that out in the guide). I created dataset apps and dataset plex inside that as is assumed with this, so not sure what I'm missing. I need some ELI5 instructions here, which these are not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try using this guide instead, this guide is based on the one we are discussing here but has more detailed steps and is therefore more ELI5 proof. It also includes setting up user/group/permissions so jails like Transmission, Sonarr & Radarr can work together properly. You can also do some steps in de UI instead of in de shell, for example creating the jails and the mount points. When you want to create a jail via UI be aware to do the 'advanced jail creation' and select all required options (e.g. vnet, allow_raw_sockets, autoboot).

Good luck!

edit: I added a comment on github with my feedback, I think this will help you with some issues I ran into.

Hey all, I've had Sonarr & SABnzbd working together nicely for a while, and now I've decided to add Transmission into the mix as a backup. I had no issues getting Sonarr, Jackett and Transmission working together, but after a successful download of a torrent from my private tracker, that's when I realized Sonarr doesn't unpack .rar files. So I've been trying to add an auto extract script to run after Transmission, and not having much luck finding a good guide that still works... a lot of the forum post I find are dead ends.

Can anyone advise me on scripts they use with transmission for automatic extraction?
Use a private tracker which doesn't allow RAR'ed content ;)

Last edited: