Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

legionroy

Cadet
Hi,

On the command:
iocage fstab -a tautulli /mnt/tank1/apps/tautulli /config nullfs rw 0 0

i got this error:
Destination: /mnt/MainPool/iocage/jails/tautulli/root/config does not exist or is not a directory.
Source: /mnt/tank1/apps/tautulli does not exist!

any clue?

Bizarro252

Dabbler
Hi,

On the command:
iocage fstab -a tautulli /mnt/tank1/apps/tautulli /config nullfs rw 0 0

i got this error:
Destination: /mnt/MainPool/iocage/jails/tautulli/root/config does not exist or is not a directory.
Source: /mnt/tank1/apps/tautulli does not exist!

any clue?
You need to create the datasets on both sides. You can do this in the web gui. Add a config dataset in the jail and the apps (and tautulli under it) in your main pool. Also need to change the name of the pool in that command unless yours is also called tank1

Bruce Wilfong

Explorer
You need to create it.

iocage exec tautulli "mkdir -p /config"

for apps/tautulli, I created that through the Freenas GUI through add dataset.

legionroy

Cadet
You need to create the datasets on both sides. You can do this in the web gui. Add a config dataset in the jail and the apps (and tautulli under it) in your main pool. Also need to change the name of the pool in that command unless yours is also called tank1

You need to create it.

iocage exec tautulli "mkdir -p /config"

for apps/tautulli, I created that through the Freenas GUI through add dataset.

Ty guys now its working!

Bizarro252

Dabbler
The last lines of code to link Organizr config.php is out of data.
Organizr v2 has moved the config.php location.
Should be:
Code:
iocage exec organizr cp -a /usr/local/www/Organizr/api/config/config.php /config/config.php
iocage exec organizr rm /usr/local/www/Organizr/api/config/config.php
iocage exec organizr ln -s /config/config.php /usr/local/www/Organizr/api/config/config.php

Thanks! I just walked through this and ran into a wall here, could not find where they were - this worked for me on V2!

The Organizr instruction is missing a dependency from the very first line: "php72-filter".

Recommend pasting this line instead:

Code:
echo '{"pkgs":["nginx","php72","php72-filter","php72-curl","php72-hash","php72-json","php72-openssl","php72-pdo","php72-pdo_sqlite","php72-session","php72-simplexml","php72-sqlite3","php72-zip","git","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json

Thank you too! also had to add the filter dependency after the install since it said it was missing and I couldn't move on from there

Tagging @Pentaflake regarding the above two changes needed in the guide (Thank you Pentaflake!)

Also:
I am having issues getting Qbittorrent to open, even in a new tab from Organizr however, I found a did the trick to disable the clickjacking setting in qbittorrent and it now works - but the other way seems to be to use NGINX, does anyone have a brief on how that would be done?

Thanks!

Bizarro252

Dabbler
@benjaminjsanders
I've read through the entire thread. I've seen it asked half a dozen times but never answered. Could someone give a full explanation?

HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT TO PUT IN OUR IPFW_RULES FILE?

Here is the example, for reference:
Code:
# Allow internal traffic
add 03000 allow IP from 172.16.0.14/32 to 172.16.0.0/23 keep-state
add 03000 allow IP from 172.16.0.0/23 to 172.16.0.14/32 keep-state

# Allow access to Entrace IP for VPN
add 04000 allow IP from 172.16.0.14/32 to <IP of VPN Entrance Node> keep-state

# Allow any traffic over the VPN interface
add 05000 allow IP from any to any via tun*

# Deny any other traffic
add 65534 deny IP from any to any

There are a few questions that arise from this.
  1. The first two lines seem to allow traffic from this jail to the LAN and vice-versa. I'm kind-of guessing here, but it seems like the zeros are being treated as wildcards. Supposing that a person has a LAN configured as 192.168.1.X, and the jail is at 192.168.1.100 I believe those two lines should be as follows. (the /24 means your subnet is 255.255.255.0) Is this correct?
    1. add 03000 allow IP from 192.168.1.100/24 to 192.168.1.0/24 keep-state
    2. add 03000 allow IP from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.1.100/24 keep-state
  2. Entrance IP for VPN: I assume this is the IP address of my VPN provider? Is there some way to look up what goes here?
  3. We are allowing traffic from any to any via tun*. Was I supposed to configure or setup some network interface or connection to my VPN called tun*?

Any information gets thanked and is very appreciated. Regards,

I too got stuck on this forever, spent hours fighting with it. I could get it to work and route through the VPN but killswitch never worked.
I have mine working now, I am not sure WHY, hoping someone can explain what it was that I ended up fixing. I just ran through other how-tos and kept trying things and testing till it worked - you can see my broken, and working setup details here:
https://www.ixsystems.com/community...ill-switch-refuses-to-work.77482/#post-538646

Prasanth

Contributor
I used these instructions probably about a year ago to install and run my iocage jails including Plex-pass,radarr,sonarr,sabnzbd,Jackett.
Thank you OP for the great write up.
Since the initial install I have used a script to run updates which has worked great. Every morning I have a cron job checking for updates on all my jails and get an email with what's been updated.

Here is a sample of the script file I have in case others would find it useful(just add copy and adjust for each of the other jails - I use it for unifi and sync jails as well)
Code:
#!/bin/sh

if iocage exec plex "pkg update && pkg upgrade -y" | ! grep -q 'Your packages a$
  echo "Plex was updated; will restart the jail"
  iocage restart plex
else
  echo "Plex is up to date!"
fi

if iocage exec plexpy "pkg update && pkg upgrade -y" | ! grep -q 'Your packages$
  echo "Plexpy was updated; will restart the jail"
  iocage restart plexpy
else
  echo "Plexpy is up to date!"
fi

if iocage exec sabnzbd "pkg update && pkg upgrade -y" | ! grep -q 'Your package$
  echo "sabnzbd was updated; will restart the jail"
  iocage restart sabnzbd
else
  echo "sabnzbd is up to date!"
fi

if iocage exec transmission "pkg update && pkg upgrade -y" | ! grep -q 'Your pa$
  echo "transmission was updated; will restart the jail"
  iocage restart transmission
else

Last edited:

Bizarro252

Dabbler

ThreeDee

Guru

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
Ok I have been putting this off. Transmission is my last warden jail that I want to move to a iocage jail. The part that has been stopping me is I don't know what to move from the waden jail into the /apps/transmission dataset location so I don't lose what I currently have. Can someone help me out with this information? thanks

00DerM

Dabbler
Hello, Im trying to use the shell to get Plex to work since I kept getting a vnet failure error when I followed the FreeNAS plugin install video.

After trying to complete the second line, im getting the following error message in the shell:
"Please supply a JSON file with the format:"

Any help would be much appreciated. For some reason it seems as though plex just doesnt want to be friends with me. lol

1565227288346.png

I also had a question about the "iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0 " line. Is the "/mnt/tank1..." supposed to be the volume you are using for your plex files? Just wondering because Im not sure if mine is supposed to be what is listed there or if it is supposed to be customized to my setup? When I setup the mount point through the Jails tab it is "/mnt/MyVolume/PlexMediaFiles"

Thanks again!

ThreeDee

Guru
Hello, Im trying to use the shell to get Plex to work since I kept getting a vnet failure error when I followed the FreeNAS plugin install video.

After trying to complete the second line, im getting the following error message in the shell:
"Please supply a JSON file with the format:"

Any help would be much appreciated. For some reason it seems as though plex just doesnt want to be friends with me. lol

View attachment 32245

I also had a question about the "iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0 " line. Is the "/mnt/tank1..." supposed to be the volume you are using for your plex files? Just wondering because Im not sure if mine is supposed to be what is listed there or if it is supposed to be customized to my setup? When I setup the mount point through the Jails tab it is "/mnt/MyVolume/PlexMediaFiles"

Thanks again!
looks like you are in the "shell" of the main FreeNAS .. you have to create a Jail and access the shell of that jail inside of FreeNAS .. you might be better served to just install the Plex plug in though .. go to Plug ins .. and install whatever version of Plex you want to run (plex or plexpass)

Needed to add chromaprint (package) to lidarr due to an error message "fpcalc could not be found". See: https://github.com/Lidarr/Lidarr/wiki/Health-checks#fpcalc-missing

I just did a pkg install chromalib and then restarted lidarr, and the error message went away. I did not try adding that package to the iocage command when building the jail, but I am guessing that it should work. Please excuse my lack of follow through, as I am a dangerous newby to FreeNas/FreeBSD/Debian/Linux. I did want to let you know about this. Below is some more info on lidarr:

Version - 0.6.2.883
Mono Version - 5.10.1.57
DB Migration - 29

Finally, thanks for having this resource!
I think the install command needs to be:
Code:
pkg install chromaprint

@Pentaflake might be worthwhile to add chromaprint to the OP for Lidarr
Code:
echo '{"pkgs":["mono","mediainfo","sqlite3","ca_root_nss","curl","chromaprint"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json

I also grabbed the latest one:
Code:
iocage exec lidarr "fetch https://github.com/lidarr/Lidarr/releases/download/v0.6.2.883/Lidarr.develop.0.6.2.883.linux.tar.gz -o /usr/local/share"

00DerM

Dabbler
looks like you are in the "shell" of the main FreeNAS .. you have to create a Jail and access the shell of that jail inside of FreeNAS .. you might be better served to just install the Plex plug in though .. go to Plug ins .. and install whatever version of Plex you want to run (plex or plexpass)

Thanks ThreeDee. Unfortunately when I try to install PLEX through the plugin it always give me a "Stopped plex due to VNET failure" error message and I cant seem to get past that so I tried to use this and its what several people have suggest. Any more help you could provide would be awesome! Thanks and have a blessed day!

Having permissions issues with Lidarr when importing artists from a root music directory.

Lidarr Log (see line 36): https://pastebin.com/Nk5ji1h3
I know the lidarr user has permission to write to the directory: https://pastebin.com/2A9wPEg2

I even changed the default shell for the lidarr user to verify instead of doing su -m lidarr -c...
Code:
chsh -s /bin/sh lidarr
su lidarr
touch /media/music/lidarr_write_test.txt
rm /media/music/lidarr_write_test.txt

Any thoughts on why Lidarr is having trouble with its file write test?

recursively re-applying permissions from the new UI fixed Lidarr's write-test error for me. Also was having issues with the webui disconnecting consistently. Deleted /config/.mono & changed the rcfile to use
Code:
export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/tmp/xdg

apparently something with the permissions on my jail's /config mount (a + on the end of them indicating Windows ACLs) was causing mono to not write its keypairs & so SignalR was throwing a 500 error.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Does anyone know of an alternative to Ombi that will work with FreeNAS? I would prefer to not have to setup a virtual server just to run one application.

afmiller

Contributor
Need help with this plex-plexpass error. After performing the iocage create, it says plex was successful, then I get the errors in the image. I am running U5 of 11.2 and I can ping to outside networks.

Thanks

Attachments

• Error.PNG
    Error.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 390

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Need help with this plex-plexpass error. After performing the iocage create, it says plex was successful, then I get the errors in the image. I am running U5 of 11.2 and I can ping to outside networks.

Thanks
Are you doing the echo command and iocage command like the original instructions say besides using your own datasets instead of tank or whatever?