Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

aberg83

Cadet
Sabnzbd has a switch when running as a daemon to select the config directory which will allow you to put just the config files in its own folder. That directory can be specified with a setting in rc.conf. Try this it worked fine in a test jail but I don't have a usenet account with a provider to actually test with. If it works I'll pretty up the directions for the guide.

Code:
Mount
/mnt/tank1/apps/sabnzbd   >>>  /config
/mnt/tank1/torrents   >>>   /mnt/torrents

pkg install sabnzbdplus

mkdir -p /mnt/torrents/sabnzbd/incomplete
mkdir -p /mnt/torrents/sabnzbd/complete

chown -R _sabnzbd:_sabnzbd /mnt/torrents/sabnzbd /config

sysrc sabnzbd_enable=YES
sysrc sabnzbd_conf_dir="/config"

service sabnzbd start
service sabnzbd stop

vi/nano/whatever   /config/sabnzbd.ini and change these 3 things
host = 0.0.0.0
download_dir = /mnt/torrents/sabnzbd/incomplete
complete_dir = /mnt/torrents/sabnzbd/complete

service sabnzbd start

http://jailip:8080/sabnzbd/

Confirmed it works just fine. Thanks!

aberg83

Cadet
Would be great to try and get this sort of setup working with resilio sync.

Pentaflake

Explorer
Pentaflake updated FN11 Jails for Plex, PlexPy, Sonarr, Radarr, Jackett, Ombi, Transmission, Nzbget, Sabnzbd, Organizr with a new update entry:

Update to orgnaizr to preserve web ui settings

Added steps to preserve some of the web ui settings that are stored in the config.php under the web root such as homepage settings and email settings. If you have already setup organizr you can just running the following from the organizr jail.
cp -a /usr/local/www/Organizr/config/config.php /config/config.php
rm /usr/local/www/Organizr/config/config.php
ln -s /config/config.php /usr/local/www/Organizr/config/config.php

Read the rest of this update entry...

antivirus

Dabbler
Any tips on getting Transmission to unrar automatically? I've got everything setup and Sonarr/Radarr send the downloads to Transmission but after it's done downloading the files are RAR'd so they're not picked up by Sonarr/Radarr.

Pentaflake

Explorer
You could write a script to run on completion of downloads. "script-torrent-done-filename" setting in the json settings file for transmission.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Followed your instructions for Oganizr but I'm getting this error

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in /usr/local/www/Organizr/user.php:173 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/www/Organizr/user.php(173): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/usr/loc...') #1 /usr/local/www/Organizr/user.php(31): User->__construct() #2 /usr/local/www/Organizr/index.php(68): require_once('/usr/local/www/...') #3 {main} thrown in /usr/local/www/Organizr/user.phpon line 173

The only step I wasn't sure on was mounting /mnt/tank1/apps/organizr => /config

Pentaflake

Explorer
Followed your instructions for Oganizr but I'm getting this error

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in /usr/local/www/Organizr/user.php:173 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/www/Organizr/user.php(173): PDO->__construct('sqlite:/usr/loc...') #1 /usr/local/www/Organizr/user.php(31): User->__construct() #2 /usr/local/www/Organizr/index.php(68): require_once('/usr/local/www/...') #3 {main} thrown in /usr/local/www/Organizr/user.phpon line 173

The only step I wasn't sure on was mounting /mnt/tank1/apps/organizr => /config

The mount is using the storage tab under the jails section in the FreeNAS web ui. That said its not required you would just have to create the directory by hand or put the configuration files elsewhere of your choosing the www user has access to r/w.

If you didn't mount the storage or at least create the /config directory the application is unable to find where you want it to write the data which is what that error would suggest if you followed the rest of the directions to the letter.

Either mount the storage which will create the folder with the default options in the Freenas web UI or "mkdir -p /config" from within the jail.

jFlatz

Dabbler
My Modification to your instructions to install Organizer:

Code:
pkg install nginx php56 php56-curl php56-hash php56-json php56-openssl php56-pdo php56-pdo_sqlite php56-session php56-simplexml php56-sqlite3 php56-zip git wget nano

sed -i -e 's?listen = 127.0.0.1:9000?listen = /var/run/php-fpm.sock?g' /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf

sed -i -e 's/;listen.owner = www/listen.owner = www/g' /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf

sed -i -e 's/;listen.group = www/listen.group = www/g' /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf

sed -i -e 's/;listen.mode = 0660/listen.mode = 0600/g' /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf

cp /usr/local/etc/php.ini-production /usr/local/etc/php.ini

sed -i -e 's?;date.timezone =?date.timezone = "Universal"?g' /usr/local/etc/php.ini

sed -i -e 's?;cgi.fix_pathinfo=1?cgi.fix_pathinfo=0?g' /usr/local/etc/php.ini

mv /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf.bak

wget example.com/nginx.conf -P /usr/local/etc/nginx/

cd /usr/local/www

git clone https://github.com/causefx/Organizr

chown -R www:www /usr/local/www /config

sysrc nginx_enable=YES

sysrc php_fpm_enable=YES

service nginx start

service php-fpm start

Last edited:

Pentaflake

Explorer
My Modification to your instructions to install Plex:
Assuming you meant Organizr? Making the instructions more one line was on my plans for the next revision. I'll add these then.

The Ombi Setup will soon be outdated with V3 being released. Does anyone have plans on how they will handle this?

Once it is out of beta, I will be updating the guide :)

jFlatz

Dabbler
Assuming you meant Organizr? Making the instructions more one line was on my plans for the next revision. I'll add these then.

Haha thanks for pointing that out. :tongue: I made the same types of changes to my Plex deployment.

mow4cash

Contributor

Do you have a way to make it run in a jail since FreeBSD is currently not supported on .Net Core?

I'm new to FreeNAS. This guide has been a lifesaver. I wasted many hours before I found this.

The only issue I'm having is with Ombi constantly crashing and needing a restart. Hopefully V3 will fix it.

Thank you

Wolfeman0101

Patron
So not sure where to ask this but I have Plex, SABnzbd, etc. installed in different jails so they each have an unique IP. I was forwarding the port from my FW to the jail IP:port. This can't be the best/most secure way to do this. Should I use a reverse proxy? I was trying to setup Organizr to have 1 point of access. Can anyone help me start to figure this out?

bigzaj

Explorer
How do you update plex? I think the old version had these steps?

Thanks

mow4cash

Contributor
So not sure where to ask this but I have Plex, SABnzbd, etc. installed in different jails so they each have an unique IP. I was forwarding the port from my FW to the jail IP:port. This can't be the best/most secure way to do this. Should I use a reverse proxy? I was trying to setup Organizr to have 1 point of access. Can anyone help me start to figure this out?
Setting up a VPN is the most secure way to access without port forwarding. I use NGINX with Organizr and open port 80,443,32400. You need to harden your nginx config. Organizr has authorization blocks. Currently I use deny all and give certain IPs access.

Pentaflake

Explorer
How do you update plex? I think the old version had these steps?

Thanks
If you followed what is currently in the guide you would just need to run pkg upgrade.

If you really need access to your applications for this outside of your local network the most secure option would be a VPN as mow4cash mentioned as well with nothing open to the world. I do this with just Plex port forwarded from the internet. Inside my network I have a simple nginx jail setup as a reverse proxy for each application.

Yakje

Explorer
Awesome guide Pentaflake! This helped me bigtime!
Any chance you could also add headphones / nzbhydra? i am currently struggeling with these installs.