Timestamps based on regional settings

Is there a way to set the timestamp format in TrueCommand v1.1? If not, I'd like to propose that timestamps be based on regional settings in a future TC release.

screenshot.56.png

I understand the ticket TC-1248 is still open. I notice in TC v 1.2.2 there's now an inconsistent use of date-time stamping. Alert Services are as shown in the OP, but log times are closer to being ISO 8601 compliant.

screenshot.268.png

It's great to see some progress towards regional timestamping (dd/mm/yyyy, hh:mm:ss below) ...

dd-mm-yyyy.jpg

However, I wonder if further normalisation should be considered? For instance, my regional settings for short and long dates are indicated below.

date aus.jpg

TC 1.3 logs use yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss (almost ISO 8601 compliant)....

yyyymmdd.jpg

...while the Alerts tile uses mmm dd yyyy hh:mm (am/pm). This appears to be closer to an American long date format.

mmm dd yyyy.jpg

There are at least three different date-time formats in use in TC 1.3 including a mix of both 12hr and 24hr time.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if a global, user-configured datetime format would be desirable.
That would be preferable I think. Not sure if this is possible, but if there is a way to derive the format from the system, then a configurable option can be avoided. Alternatively, make TC ISO 8601 compliant.

And use the friendly "14 hours ago" type dates when reasonable (in that alert list, for instance). How's that sound?
I like it!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
@Basil Hendroff I'm wondering if a global, user-configured datetime format would be desirable. And use the friendly "14 hours ago" type dates when reasonable (in that alert list, for instance). How's that sound?
That seems like the best option.

@Basil Hendroff I'm wondering if a global, user-configured datetime format would be desirable. And use the friendly "14 hours ago" type dates when reasonable (in that alert list, for instance). How's that sound?

In the latest TC 2.0 nightly...

tc1.jpg

...I'm still seeing three different formats for time stamping.

American time format...

tc9.jpg

ISO 8601...

tc10.jpg

Local time standard...

tc11.jpg

JIRA ticket TC-1248 suggests that the time format issue has been resolved in TC 2.0 nightlies???

Last edited: