Extremely slow with dropped read write - error freenas cnid_dbd[21113]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkim888

Cadet
I have a decent machine: an AMD phenom II processor. 8 GB RAM. 10 TB of storage at RAID 6.
I'm copying write now at 11kb/sec. I don't see any errors through the web user interface.
The last I checked before a reboot, I saw the freenas cnid_dbd[21113] error.
I tried moving from a 1Gbps switch to a 100Mbps switch and no dice.

Don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

thanks!
Harry

hkim888

Cadet
been trying to write and access the freenas and have a new error: cnid_dbd[2750] : read: connection reset by peer

nrnoble

Cadet
I am having a similar problem. No RAID config.

When I try to psuh files to the NAS server, its basically is unusable because it takes several hours to transfer 50MB-100MB. Files of this size should take about 30 seconds.

Reading files from the FreeNas server works fine. When I installed the NTFS drives, the HDDs already had several hundred GB of data (ie video, music, images, etc). Reading existing data streams\transfers fine.

paleoN

Wizard
I am having a similar problem. No RAID config.

When I try to psuh files to the NAS server, its basically is unusable because it takes several hours to transfer 50MB-100MB. Files of this size should take about 30 seconds.

Reading files from the FreeNas server works fine. When I installed the NTFS drives, the HDDs already had several hundred GB of data (ie video, music, images, etc). Reading existing data streams\transfers fine.
And there is your problem. Do NOT use NTFS drives with FreeNAS, you will get terrible performance. Did you even read the other thread you posted in? [post=25242]Post #8[/post] in particular?

nrnoble

Cadet
And there is your problem. Do NOT use NTFS drives with FreeNAS, you will get terrible performance. Did you even read the other thread you posted in? [post=25242]Post #8[/post] in particular?

No, I did not read every post in every thread before I installed FreeNas two months ago. Think as a reasonable person. A reasonable person is going to assume supported HDD formats will have acceptable performance, or the setup docs will provide warnings about known issues. I did read the setup docs which did not note that NTFS's "write" performance would be usuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.