Error message? WRITE_FPDMA_QUEUED

joeschmuck

Old Man
Give it 1 month and if that same problem doesn't come back, consider it fixed.

Akiba

Cadet
I had the same error including some sporadic S.M.A.R.T. Alerts that it won't work on this hdd. After your tips i found out that the circuit board for this bay had a failure. As i connected the hdd directly to the controller everything works fine. So thank you.

It irritates me that i don't get an alert for those error messages. The smart alert could come only once a day but when i look on the system there where hundreds of error messages.

joeschmuck

Old Man
It irritates me that i don't get an alert for those error messages. The smart alert could come only once a day but when i look on the system there where hundreds of error messages.
You could run a SMART Short test several times a day, maybe once every hour would give you the solution you desire? The short test takes very little time to run. One of the problems with this method is a short test does not test all of the drive surface area, that is where the Long test does it's work, but you wouldn't want to run a long test every hour, they would never complete. You could run a Long test once a day. I'd try the Short test every hour or so and see if that provides you what you want.