[Errno 16] Device busy: '/var/run/importcopy/tmpdir/dev/ada1p1'

gwaitsi

Patron
I am trying import the last portion of my data.

So far i have tried two different drives, in three different sata slots.

In each case, i get the below error.

I imported 2.5TB and have the lasz 160GB to go, but for some reason it doesn't want to go.
It seems to have imported a good portion of the data before it crashed.

[Errno 16] Device busy: '/var/run/importcopy/tmpdir/dev/ada1p1'

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 2072, in import_disk
job.set_progress(100, description="Done", extra="")
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 287, in __aexit__
await self.middleware.run_in_thread(bsd.unmount, self.path)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/io_thread_pool_executor.py", line 25, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "bsd/_bsd.pyx", line 729, in bsd._bsd.unmount
OSError: [Errno 16] Device busy

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 349, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 385, in __run_body
rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 961, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 2074, in import_disk
os.rmdir(src)
OSError: [Errno 16] Device busy: '/var/run/importcopy/tmpdir/dev/ada1p1'

gwaitsi

Patron
i deleted the partial import dataset and still the same error

lachdanan

Dabbler
I'm having the same issue, did you ever figure it out? Issue occurred while I was doing the 'import disk' of a NTFS volume. I deleted what did copy over and tried to retry it but I keep getting 'Error: [Errno 16] Device busy:'. I'm hoping you figure out a way around it and forgot to post it because it has been several months and no one has come around with the fix/solution...

lachdanan

Dabbler
I got mine fixed. I upgraded to 11.3 U5 and tried importing the disk again. I don't know whether it was fixed in the update, or simply something that needed a reboot to resolve. I hope this will work for you as well as our issue appeared to have been the same.

gwaitsi

Patron
I'm having the same issue, did you ever figure it out? Issue occurred while I was doing the 'import disk' of a NTFS volume. I deleted what did copy over and tried to retry it but I keep getting 'Error: [Errno 16] Device busy:'. I'm hoping you figure out a way around it and forgot to post it because it has been several months and no one has come around with the fix/solution...
i made an nfs connection from a linux client and copied everything over again.