Enable user to login to webui

Davvo

MVP
It really looks like you did no research at all. TrueNAS it's an enterprise-level appliance, it's totally different from a QNAP.
You might even pass as a troll.

Gucky

Dabbler
Until now, no one has ever called me a Troll.
1) if I offended anyone here, I deeply apologize, it was not on purpose, I just wanted to share my experience.
2) I am ending the discussion, I have nothing more to say on the topic.

As I already wrote, thank you all for everything and for labeling me a Troll. Next time I will be more careful about what I write and what I keep to myself.

Gucky

Davvo

MVP
You did not do research about a feature you considered critical.
You did not followed the suggested action of opening a new thread to troubleshoot your system's issues.
You did not accept a common enterprise standard.
Your previous post shows a complete lack of understanging about what is TrueNas and what can it do, appearing to me as if you wanted a "QNAP with a different name" solution, which TrueNas is not.

I just pointed out that all of this might be interpreted as user trolling. Emphasis on the might and on the intepretation part.
I hope you will find a good use for the hardware you already posses.

Edited for link insertion.

Last edited:

Gucky

Dabbler
1) - here I completely agree, I really did not research the possibility of adding a user to the web environment and a file manager in the web environment. I also wrote it like that here - I simply didn't even think that there could be a problem.
2) - I didn't start a new thread because I'm not dealing with it here, just reporting the status, not even asking for help with the SCALE issue.
3) - we have our own solution that suits us.
4) - here again I agree, I was looking for a replacement for QNAP that will be cheaper and functional. I think I already wrote it in my first post. Unfortunately, I am unable to use TrueNAS in our established environment.

I try to be fair and non-confrontational in discussions. I never insult anyone. I also try to pass on as much experience as possible with the given problems, as I see them. Again, I apologize if my style of expression irritates you in any way.

NugentS

MVP
There is no file manager - something that has been a mild bone of contention for some time.

As an alternative for Scale - there is an app called filebrowser - it ain't perfect - but it is functional