Emby Plugin Updates

Zandr Milewski

Dabbler
The official Emby plugin is a bit long in the tooth, it's based on 11.2, and is running Emby 4.2.1.0_1. Emby is now up to 4.3.1.0_1 in FreeBSD 11 Quarterly.

What's the expected upgrade cycle for these plugins? (and how can I help?).

Thanks,
Zandr

vendion

Cadet
I'm also currious about this as well, or is the Emby plugin now depricated?

Yorick

Wizard
Definitely not abandoned, I see 4.3.1.0_1 as the plugin version in the TrueNAS 12 nightly. Here be dragons - nightly is not stable and may have severe side effects.

Same story as Plex: If you really really need to be up-to-date, then create yourself a bespoke jail. I'm sure the jailman project would welcome a PR for emby creation :)

There's another Emby Plugin if you flip to the Community catalog. It is using the "latest" repo.

vendion

Cadet
Definitely not abandoned, I see 4.3.1.0_1 as the plugin version in the TrueNAS 12 nightly. Here be dragons - nightly is not stable and may have severe side effects.

Same story as Plex: If you really really need to be up-to-date, then create yourself a bespoke jail. I'm sure the jailman project would welcome a PR for emby creation :)

Good to know it's not been abandoned. I'm currently running (Free/True)NAS 11.3-U2 which would explain why the newer version is not available.