Dabbler
version 11,2 beta 3

steps i try to install nextcloud

Code:
root@freenas:~ # nslookup pkg.cdn.trueos.org 
Server:		 
Address:	 

Non-authoritative answer:
pkg.cdn.trueos.org	canonical name = pkg.pcbsd.scaleengine.net.
pkg.pcbsd.scaleengine.net	canonical name = pcbsd-pkg.secdn.net.
Name:	pcbsd-pkg.secdn.net
Address: 54.37.238.114
Name:	pcbsd-pkg.secdn.net
Address: 2a00:7b80:3012:2b::1:81

what is happening ?

D

dlavigne

Was this solved? If so, what was the question and what was the answer?

multi.flexi

Cadet
I have exactly the same issue, nslookup is fine but when installing plugin, this error happens

multi.flexi

Cadet
Has anyone done a bug report? Should I make one?
I guess you can. I also noticed that in old GUI I have no choice to install new plugins, just list of installed, but in new GUI I can see list of available plugins.

ajzimme

Cadet
I believe this is related.

Attachments

• Greenshot 2018-10-12 08.56.30.png
    Greenshot 2018-10-12 08.56.30.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,140
  • Greenshot 2018-10-12 08.52.33.png
    Greenshot 2018-10-12 08.52.33.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,434

pyto

Cadet
that package is not found because it does not exist on that server. The correct adres is

Code:
http://pkg.cdn.trueos.org/iocage/11.2-RELEASE/Latest/pkg.txz

ajzimme

Cadet
Last edited:

johnsondal

Cadet
Did you check your /etc/resolv.conf file? This file is copied into the Jail when plugins are created and determine the DNS servers to use. Updated mine and plugins work without issue.

ipinternet

Cadet
I found a way to solve this plugin installation problem. Ignore getting IP from DHCP and it works. When installing plugin simply uncheck DHCP option. Then select your Ethernet interface. Enter an ip from your network subnet and choose desired subnet mask. Then click save and plugin should be start installing.

[Notes]: If problem exists then edit your resovle.conf file [ nano /etc/resolve.conf]. Delete everything [ there should be an entry search local; (also delete this). Delete everything and enter only nameserver 8.8.8.8.

Attachments

• emby settings.png
    emby settings.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,158
  • emby installing.png
    emby installing.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,044
  • emby success.png
    emby success.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 951

jottos

Cadet
I found a way to solve this plugin installation problem. Ignore getting IP form DHCP and it works. When installing plugin simply uncheck DHCP option. Then select your Ethernet interface. Enter an IP from your network subnet and choose desired subnet mask. Then click save and plugin should be start installing.

[Notes]: If problem exists then edit your resovle.conf file [ nano /etc/resolve.conf]. Delete everything [ there should be an entry search local; (also delete this). Delete everything and enter only nameserver 8.8.8.8.

Hi, so this was really helpful because I had originally had set a static IP address the way you did, but I was getting the same error. I was able to ping the internet from my jail by jexec'd to my jail and pinging. You are correct to point out that editing the /etc/resolve.conf file because I have found that there is a bug saving the name servers in 11.x freenas requiring me to set the /etc/resolv.conf file every time I reboot.

Here is where my experience differs from yours. Reading your post is saw you toggled the DHCP -> Static IP. So I toggled my Static -> DHCP and it worked. There is clearly something jenky going on with the jail setup that toggling this setting, which likely restarts the jail network, is fixing I don't think either setting is bad, I think the network is not setting properly on jail creation.

thanks for you post, it helped a lot!

pt4117

Cadet
I had this issue with my FreeNAS running on esxi. My issue was the vswitch wasn't configured correctly. I had to edit it and allow Promiscuous mode under Security.