Editing line items in lists in the new UI

Under the legacy UI, it was possible to double-click anywhere on a line item within a list to edit the item in a new window eg. referring to the View Groups window from the legacy UI below, double-clicking anywhere on a highlighted line brought up the edit window.

screenshot.177.png

Under the new UI, it's necessary to hover the mouse pointer over the vertical ellipsis on the right side of the window, click the vertical ellipsis and select Edit to do the same thing eg. referring to the View Groups window from the new UI below, a specific point on the far end of a line item has to be clicked and an option selected.

screenshot.178.png

That's three separate actions to do what a double-click did in the old UI. Repeating these steps:
  1. Moving the mouse pointer from the left to the right of the screen;
  2. Hovering on and clicking the vertical ellipsis; and
  3. Selecting Edit.
I really like the new UI, but I just feel this aspect of it is a lot clumsier. Has anyone else noticed this? Has it been reported? If not, should it be considered a regression (we've lost the double-click in moving from 11.1 to 11.2) or a new feature request (we'd like a double-click to edit line items in the new UI)?

Last edited:

seanm

Guru
I've noticed that, and agree.

Also, when that 3 dot button has only 2 or 3 items like your screenshot, it'd be better to just have 3 buttons: Members / Edit / Delete. It'd be one less click, and more discoverable. I remember when I first switched to the new UI I had no idea what 3 dots meant and how important a button it was.

Last edited: