eBay Sniping plugin for FreeNAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWoo

Explorer
It would be really cool if someone could code or compile an eBay Sniping plugin for FreeNAS, something similar to jBidwatcher (source code available).

zambanini

Patron
virtualbox, windows, bidwatcher.... you can doit yourself

Last edited:

TheWoo

Explorer
Sorry, FreeNAS NOOB here. Based on your reply I've searched for virtualbox and came across this thread. At least from that thread (which ends July 2014) it looks very experimental to me. Do you know of any other finalized/approved, foolproof, step-by-step instruction on how to set this up?

zambanini

Patron
great that you could help yourself. if my solution helped you, feel free to like my previous post

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This sets a new low for plugin suggestions.

TheWoo

Explorer
@Ericloewe: Not if FreeNAS is your only server which can or does run 24/7. IMHO it can't get any lower than that comic strip download plugin. If you’ve ever used an eBay sniping tool, then you have to admit that this has a value. Anyhow, I'm trying to get this done now with jBidwatcher under Mac OS X in a VirtualBox in a jail. Looks as if it could work...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
why would you need virtualbox to run a java app? Just install java in a jail and run this strange piece of software.

TheWoo

Explorer
Actually that was my very first thought, but I couldn’t find any (foolproof) instruction on how to install Java in a jail. For instance I came across this thread, which doesn’t sound very promising to me. Can you point me at an How-to?

Alternatively I have now Ubuntu running under VirtualBox inside a jail (Hackintosh Mac OS X just didn’t work well), the problem though is that I can’t get any screen res higher than 640x480 in Ubuntu respectively the VNC screen, despite having installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions in Ubuntu 14.04.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Actually that was my very first thought, but I couldn’t find any (foolproof) instruction on how to install Java in a jail. For instance I came across this thread, which doesn’t sound very promising to me. Can you point me at an How-to?

Alternatively I have now Ubuntu running under VirtualBox inside a jail (Hackintosh Mac OS X just didn’t work well), the problem though is that I can’t get any screen res higher than 640x480 in Ubuntu respectively the VNC screen, despite having installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions in Ubuntu 14.04.
'pkg install openjdk7'

But looking at it more, this might require a GUI, and isn't a headless java application like subsonic or minecraft server. So, virtualbox might be your way to go, but I have no idea. I only deal with headless applications.

TheWoo

Explorer
GUI indeed. So my Ubuntu thingy is the way to go. Lightweight, compared to Windows and Mac OS X. If only I could figure out how to solve the screen res issue...

maglin

Patron
It has to do with the version you installed being newer than the guest additions support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.