DXE BS driver Unrecognized: Any hints?

baniero

Dabbler
Hi everyone.

In my bios event log I found this line:

Error Code:EFI 03058007
Severity: Major
Description: DXE BS driver Unrecognized

Google only finds very few results and none of them are helpful. Therefore my question:

Does anyone know what this means or can point my toward where I could find information on this?

Thanks!

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This saga may be helpful. In short, it looks like the BIOS ROM may be failing.

Inxsible

Guru
Not knowing any information about your system makes it difficult to say anything.

But this post says it could be communication with the OS Drive

baniero

Dabbler
Thanks everyone for your help. Unfortunately until now I could not find any further information, but I will let you know as soon as I get a response from the ASRock Support. I am awaiting their answer since the 3.6. :( I guess I should have got a supermicro instead…

baniero

Dabbler
So ASRock never answered, I guess next time I'll buy supermicro.

I updated the bios and so far I have not seen the error again.

baniero

Dabbler
Just a quick update: The provided email worked and my question was answered very promptly. The answer said that the BIOS event log doesn’t necessarily indicate an issue so long as the motherboard can give POST and boot up the OS. What matters the most is the event log in the OS.

baniero

Dabbler
Oh man, I'm getting so frustrated with this… Updated the BMC Firmware a few days ago, hoping to maybe fix the issue that way and now IPMI does not accept my password anymore. I read that multiple people had similar problems, its hard to believe that server grade hardware has such massive bugs!

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
The BMC update may have reset the IPMI password back to default.

baniero

Dabbler
Thanks for the tip, but I tried that already. I wrote to the e-mail above again and william answered VERY (like less than 5 minutes!) quickly and I will try to reflash the BMC firmware using a DOS USB-Stick. I will post whether it worked. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: It worked, now I can finally log in again!

Last edited:

chris8

Cadet
Thanks for the tip, but I tried that already. I wrote to the e-mail above again and william answered VERY (like less than 5 minutes!) quickly and I will try to reflash the BMC firmware using a DOS USB-Stick. I will post whether it worked. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: It worked, now I can finally log in again!
Now that you can login, how was the "DXE BS driver Unrecognized" resolved? TIA.