Resource icon

Duplicati Running in an iocage

rexit1982

Dabbler
I'm trying to install Duplicati on another Freenas box but I'm getting this error when creating the jail.

Testing SRV response to FreeBSD
pkg.freebsd.org's SRV record could not be verified.

Testing DNSSEC response to FreeBSD
pkg.freebsd.org could not be reached via DNSSEC.

Testing DNS response to FreeBSD
pkg.freebsd.org could not be reached via DNS, check your network

The jail created successfully but missing all the packages in /tmp/pkg.json

I tried manually to install the package mono using command: iocage exec duplicati pkg install mono

The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly, please wait...
pkg: Error fetching http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly/Latest/pkg.txz: Non-recoverable resolver failure
A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports: 'ports-mgmt/pkg'

I have internet on my freenas box and DNS is working fine.
this seems to imply that the jail is not able to resolve DNS, if you feed the jail creation an ip but not a default route or dns config I expect that could happen. I'm all lazy and jsut do dhcp=on

NasKar

Guru
I've installed duplicati in an iocage jail on FN 11.3U3.2. The web GUI works but when I try to backup to google drive it seems to work (progress bar advancing) and then hangs when it's almost finished. The log file in the GUI has minimal info.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You will need to find some documentation on this duplicati thing, how it works, where it writes its logfiles and then examine these using the command line. Sorry, never heard of that product.

NasKar

Guru
It turns out the I misunderstood the option
Remote Volume Size
after leaving it at default the backup works.
I'm having an issue restoring to the original directory which has root:wheel permissions. If I create a new directory with "restore" with permissions duplicati:duplicati it works. I'm not sure what the issue is with the permissions on the original folder her is my /etc/group folder
Code:
wheel:*:0:root,duplicati
daemon:*:1:
kmem:*:2:
sys:*:3:
tty:*:4:
operator:*:5:root
mail:*:6:
bin:*:7:
news:*:8:
man:*:9:
games:*:13:
ftp:*:14:
staff:*:20:
sshd:*:22:
smmsp:*:25:
mailnull:*:26:
guest:*:31:
video:*:44:
bind:*:53:
unbound:*:59:
proxy:*:62:
authpf:*:63:
_pflogd:*:64:
_dhcp:*:65:
uucp:*:66:
dialer:*:68:
network:*:69:
audit:*:77:
www:*:80:
_ypldap:*:160:
hast:*:845:
nogroup:*:65533:
nobody:*:65534:
duplicati:*:818:root

talz13

Dabbler
I'm running freenas 11.3-u4.1, can I use iocage create -r 11.3-RELEASE instead of -r 11.1-RELEASE?

NasKar

Guru
I definitely would

pakka

Dabbler
Hi,
I could set up the duplicati service, but not on port 80. Is it possible to launch it on standard port? If I configure the rc.d/duplicati file with argument --webservice-port=80, the service doesn´t start on boot. Only when I start duplicati with
mono /usr/local/share/duplicati/Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-port=80 --webservice-interface=any --webservice-password=secret_password &
I could use it on port 80.

by the way.. The configurations made on port 80 oder 8200 are independent from eachother. Is that logical? Where are these settings stored, depending if I start the service with mono or on boot?