Doubts about sizing on Folders/Archives

Suporte NTP

Cadet
I have a Fileserver with Freenas (version 11.2), with two disks of 2 T, one to OS, other for data .
When I research the used space of HD from Windows Explorer the numbers seems to be wrong.
armazenamento 2.JPG

If I see the folders properties, it show differences on volume of data of folder Deptos:

armazenamento.JPG

There are much more files on folder Depto than 38 K Files...

If I enter the folder Deptos, select all folders and click right button mouse, see properties of folder:
Armazenamento_FreeNas.JPG

Observe that "Size on disk" is bigger from real size of HD.

Does somebody knows why this occurs or what's wrong?

Thanks

Constantin

Vampire Pig
Could this be a permissions issue where certain directories were not counted because some directory in the chain had conflicting permissions?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
There's an optimization in samba for these sorts of calculations that rounds up to the nearest 1MB. This means that you can end up with estimates in directories containing large numbers of small files. You can turn it off by setting "allocation roundup size = 0" as a share auxiliary parameter. There should be no real-world impact from the incorrectly rounded numbers. The actual diskfree size in samba is taken from statfs() or libzfs depending on particulars of what is enabled for a share.

Suporte NTP

Cadet
Could this be a permissions issue where certain directories were not counted because some directory in the chain had conflicting permissions?
I don't think this is the cause. All permissions were made at first installation, after, no more changes.

Suporte NTP

Cadet
There's an optimization in samba for these sorts of calculations that rounds up to the nearest 1MB. This means that you can end up with estimates in directories containing large numbers of small files. You can turn it off by setting "allocation roundup size = 0" as a share auxiliary parameter. There should be no real-world impact from the incorrectly rounded numbers. The actual diskfree size in samba is taken from statfs() or libzfs depending on particulars of what is enabled for a share.
Its strange cause is a big difference. We copied the folders to a Windows Desktop and the numbers looked like ok, or next of what we expected.
We still verify the compression/de-duplication options, on really turned-off de-duplication but also nothing changed.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Its strange cause is a big difference. We copied the folders to a Windows Desktop and the numbers looked like ok, or next of what we expected.
We still verify the compression/de-duplication options, on really turned-off de-duplication but also nothing changed.
You have deduplication enabled on the dataset?