Doublechecking the transmission folders with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naesstrom

Contributor
Hey guys and girls!

I've been running the old 8.0.x version with transmission running really nicely but since 8.2 now was stable I thouht I would upgrade and give the plugins a try! Right now I really feel that it was a bad idea and here is why!

I followed the guide over here: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins and set up the plugins as I think I should?
kh9iV.png

with the 2 datasets
O5g2r.png

And installing transmission works just great and it seems to be active and all (even tough I can't connect to the ip in my browser) but the problem I'm having is with the folders!
From the last version I had installed I alreade have a folder named Share that contains the download directory, watch etc etc. but I'm locked to the /mnt/Atlas/jail/Software path and only subfolders to that one!
afdxq.png

So before I start moving all my data to the new directory to be able to share it... is this how it really should look?

Naesstrom

Contributor
Ok, I think I managed to get it right and I can now access the transmission site but I'm still having some problems!
In the plugins settings for transmission I've set the download folder to:
/mnt/finished
but when I enter the web-gui the download folder is set to:
/usr/pbi/transmission-i386/etc/transmission/home/Downloads

Ok, but I could probably live with that but I have another problem, I'm using the transmission remote-GUI to be able to use different download folders to keep things organized but whenever I try to connect I just get a "Unauthorized user" since there is no user/pass for the weblogin, I've tried changing it in the plugin-settings by checking the RPC Auth. Required: but it just keeps ignoring those settings!

Naesstrom

Contributor
Ok, ignore the last question... I had to restart the server for the settings to take effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.