Does a PCIe SATA expansion card allows full drives bandwidth?

mhweb

Explorer
The Avago/LSI m1015 Card is the go to choice around here (although there are many others), its a tried and true SAS/SATA3 pcie card, something like this. This particular one is pre flashed, but they are easy to flash, so you could get the $30 one and flash it yourself. These actually are a good deal, I think I paid about a hundred or so for mine several years ago. You will also need 2 SFF8087 breakout cables. I run two of these cards side by side for 16 drives total capacity at SATA3 speed. Also they look cool in a clear panel case because there is an LED for each drive thats connected, so when the array is banging, the lights are going nuts. Just my inner nerd talking now.

The card you have chosen might be good too, likely very similar. Ive never heard of or used it.

Edit: That listing even comes with the cables, buy it.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

sretalla