Display current power consumption?

mrramsey

Dabbler
Is there a way to display the current power draw the system is using from the CL? My UPS indicates that the current draw is ~63 watts which I am happy about. I just replaced my aging WD 7200 rpm Blacks with WD 5400 Reds. The blacks were at 44C and the Reds are at 29C. Super happy with the numbers I am seeing just wasn't sure if there was an internal command that I could compare the power draw with.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You've not told us much about your system, so it's really hard to know.

If you're using a consumer grade PSU, then, no, probably no way. Consumer grade boards and PSU's are playing a race to the bottom to be cheapest.

The Supermicro power supplies and other enterprise server gear often do measure power, which you can look at via IPMI/ILO/DRAC/etc.

mrramsey

Dabbler
Repurposed dell t3500 - Xeon w3505 stock psu- not exactly consumer class.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Repurposed dell t3500 - Xeon w3505 stock psu- not exactly consumer class.

Oh it's a desktop so yes it's basically closer to "consumer class" than "server grade". Possible it has power monitoring but unlikely in my experience.

mrramsey

Dabbler
Oh it's a desktop so yes it's basically closer to "consumer class" than "server grade". Possible it has power monitoring but unlikely in my experience.
Yeah, I looked it up and didn't see anything explicitly indicating it so probably not. No biggie was just curious. Next time I shut down Ill plug in the ole kill-a-watt for comparison.