SOLVED Determine my screw up

orddie

Contributor
Hi All,

I think i swapped my disk assignments for SLOG and Cache

logs = /dev/ada4
Cache = /dev/nvd0p1

I'm thinking NVD0 is my Intel Optane and ada4 is a junk SSD. If so, i think that's the mistake as my writes are sub 200mb and my reads are over 1GB
today.jpg

would you agree? they are swapped? If so, what are my options?

artlessknave

Wizard
dunno. you posted nothing about what the hardware is. is the intel optane nvme? if it is, then yes, according to what you little info you gave, you have the nvme as cache.

orddie

Contributor
dunno. you posted nothing about what the hardware is. is the intel optane nvme? if it is, then yes, according to what you little info you gave, you have the nvme as cache.
i do not fully understand why are you claiming i did not post the type of hardware. Right above the screen shot, it clear says Intel Optane.

thank you for confirming.

am i able to switch it?

orddie

Contributor
figured it out.

removed em via web interface

via command line
Code:
zpool add pool log /dev/nvd0

today1.JPG

jgreco

Resident Grinch
i do not fully understand why are you claiming i did not post the type of hardware. Right above the screen shot, it clear says Intel Optane.

The forum rules, conveniently linked at the top of every page in red, asks for certain information to help forum participants understand your setup and allow for better assistance.

People here generally want to provide assistance, but you play a part in that by providing information. What's your use case? Why do you need a SLOG? What's your pool layout? What's accessing the data? You can get valuable feedback from people in the forum when you follow the rules, and often deeper insight into issues you maybe didn't even realize you had, because some of us have seen so many things.

orddie

Contributor
The forum rules, conveniently linked at the top of every page in red, asks for certain information to help forum participants understand your setup and allow for better assistance.

People here generally want to provide assistance, but you play a part in that by providing information. What's your use case? Why do you need a SLOG? What's your pool layout? What's accessing the data? You can get valuable feedback from people in the forum when you follow the rules, and often deeper insight into issues you maybe didn't even realize you had, because some of us have seen so many things.
OK