Deluge Plugin wont install with newest update (workaround for older version)

BlizzWave

Cadet
Hi,

I am having trouble install the Deluge plugin.
Fails at 90% when it starts to load post_install.sh

I tried to remove the iocage dataset and have FreeNAS recreate it, but still same issue.
One thing I noticed is that its pulling the files for Deluge from the unstable branch (http://pkg.cdn.trueos.org/iocage/unstable/All/)

Anyone else having this issue?

deluge feil.PNG

Last edited:

rodrigojds

Cadet
I've been getting the same thing these past few days! I was about to create a new topic but hopefully somebody will help on this one.

I think it has to do with the Deluge version 1.3.15_8 since I the 1.3.15_7 version was installing and working perfectly fine on my other machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since there isn't much info online.

thanks

BlizzWave

Cadet
I think it has to do with the Deluge version 1.3.15_8 since I the 1.3.15_7 version was installing and working perfectly fine on my other machine.

Yes, must be something related to that!
Glad to hear i'm not alone with this issue.

rodrigojds

Cadet
If nobody knows how to resolve this issue, would anybody know how to manually install the previous version of Deluge 1.3.15_7?

BlizzWave

Cadet
I found a workaround. Very hacky, but it works.
Only thing I have done is to go away from the unstable branch of trueOS/ FreeNAS.

1. Clone/ download https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins
2. Copy the clone to your FreeNAS machine (/mnt/your_dataset/your_folder/plugins)
3. In the files you copied over to your FreeNAS machine there should be a file called deluge.json, open it.
4. Edit it to this:
Code:
{
  "name": "Deluge",
  "release": "11.2-RELEASE",
  "artifact": "https://github.com/freenas/iocage-plugin-deluge.git",
  "pkgs": [
    "net-p2p/deluge-cli"
  ],
  "packagesite": "http://pkg.cdn.trueos.org/iocage",
  "fingerprints": {
      "iocage-plugins": [
          {
          "function": "sha256",
          "fingerprint": "226efd3a126fb86e71d60a37353d17f57af816d1c7ecad0623c21f0bf73eb0c7"
      }
      ]
  },
  "official": false
}

5. Now SSH into your FreeNAS machine and run this command (remember to edit it to suit your system)
Code:
iocage fetch -P --name /mnt/your_dataset/your_folder/plugins/deluge.json ip4_addr="em1|192.168.0.1"

rodrigojds

Cadet
I kind of get what you wrote but the only thing confusing me is (/mnt/your_dataset/your_folder/plugins)
what is the 'your_folder' supposed to represent?

thanks

BlizzWave

Cadet
I kind of get what you wrote but the only thing confusing me is (/mnt/your_dataset/your_folder/plugins)
what is the 'your_folder' supposed to represent?

thanks

I cannot know how your datasets are set up.
It's just a representation.

Just edit the command so that it points to where you stored your edited deluge.json file.
Remember to check what interface you use, mine was "em1", yours might be different. Also edit the IP.

BlizzWave

Cadet
I must have been to unclear with my instructions, because you don't actually have to overwrite your current plugin folder.
You could have just put the single json file anywhere in one of your created datasets. It's not normal to make your whole FreeNAS folder structure visible. If you would have done this then you would not have to mess around with permissions.

You can see it is complaining about too lax permissions when you are trying to install deluge, because of your change of permissions in the iocage folder.

Ryan Allen

Explorer
I'm now getting the same thing.
Everything was working (Resilio & Plex) and then today I noticed them BOTH dead.
I could not access them at all but they were both online.
Only thing i have been messing with the past few day is the permissions for the folders and users/groups.
I'm trying to add another PC to my house and setting up folders for that PC only so it can't see the rest of the folders (kids PC).
Did i mess up something else?

My "hand made" Unifi controller jail is still working just fine.

1573248553969.png

I deleted the Resilio Sync jail and tried to reinstall after noticing i could not access it at all but NOW i get the very same EFAULT.
Sometimes is just hate myself for touching this thing....

I AM able to install any other plugin (but the ones i had already installed, plex & resilio) without any issues AND i'm able to install a jail manually with no issues.
I am also able to PING google.com and check for FreeNAS updates so internet is good.

Do i need to fully wipe my FreeNAS and start over? CRAP!

My info
1573248790729.png