Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Deluge download speed issues

Thanks
Hey all. I've had this issue for a while and have tried figuring out what is causing it and haven't been successful in getting to the bottom of it.
This is what is going on:
When I download torrents in Deluge, my download is getting maxed out around 50MBps (400mbps). I have a 1000/1000 fiber line that pulls a constant 940/940 when I test the line. My entire network is at gb speeds. It happens even with torrents that have thousands of seeders that I can get 900+ speeds on a different machine, I just can't get that speed in deluge on freenas. I can transfer files to and from my server at 900+ mbps speeds with no issue, so I know the server is interfacing at gig speeds. I have checked my settings in deluge, and as far as I can tell, there isn't anything restricting my speeds.

Any ideas? Hoping someone has experienced something like this before.

gt2416

FreeNAS Experienced
Thanks
Have you tried transmission ? This could narrow your issue down to deluge or FreeNAS downloading torrents. I can torrent at 100MB/ps (almost theoretical max) but at 20MB/ps through a vpn, which is expected.
I too have 1000/1000 fiber(Fios) and I notice my router ramps up a TON when Im torrenting, so maybe look into that ?

Thanks
Have you tried transmission ? This could narrow your issue down to deluge or FreeNAS downloading torrents. I can torrent at 100MB/ps (almost theoretical max) but at 20MB/ps through a vpn, which is expected.
I too have 1000/1000 fiber(Fios) and I notice my router ramps up a TON when Im torrenting, so maybe look into that ?
Ok, after several months of being very busy, I finally had some time to allocate to this issue. To answer your question gt2416, yes, I have now tried transmission and the result was the same. Router isn't the issue as I can download torrents at my max speed with a windows machine.

I also tested my network speeds within freenas and it operates at 1gb speeds as well.

Yesterday I installed a single 2tb drive into a new pool and tested the speeds in deluge on this new pool with the single drive and I still capped out around 50mbps.

Any other ideas?