Dell PERC H310 Mini Mono flashing to IT Mode

Mr. Slumber

Contributor
Up until now it wasn't possible to use the Dell Perc H310 Mini Mono cards with FreeNAS because it just seemed not to be possible to flash them to IT mode or if you did that, your Dell server wouldn't boot up because it didn't found the proper Mini Mono card.

Now someone seems to have found a way to solve this problem so that maybe this not so rare Dell card seems to be working with FreeNAS now.

Dell H310 mini with LSI IT mode firmware

Please share you experiences with that topic. Thank you :)

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Mr. Slumber

Contributor

Mr. Slumber

Contributor
You bricked your Dell Perc H310 Mini Mono? There's a new hope :D

Take a look here.

Last edited:

bindu

Cadet
I am very new to this process. Can someone guide me to steps and files needed?? I saw the video and i wanna try it out with my second spare server.

Thanks

Mr. Slumber

Contributor
Some updates on how an IT flashed Perc H310 Mini Mono behaves can be found here.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I am very new to this process. Can someone guide me to steps and files needed?? I saw the video and i wanna try it out with my second spare server.

Thanks
The process is not a simple one. You should ask the creator of the video to see if they can share some additional details.

Redcoat

MVP

overshoot

Explorer
I've just bricked my Perc H310 Mini on my Dell R320.

Now, I've watched "The Art of Server" video on how to unbrick the card and he does it by flashing directly the EEPROM with an 8KB file, either for the IT mode or for the genuine dell mode.
I can't seem to find any of these dumps in the archive following that link: https://phoxden.net/H310MM_IT.pdf
The only files we can find are 723KB, 2118it.bin and 2118ir.bin.

Any idea where we can locate the 8KB dump, either IT mode or Dell standard as I want to unbrick the card?

I have the EEPROM programmer already so ready to go. Just missing the EEPROM dump.

Thanks!