Dell H330 Mini Mono: HBA/IT mode status as of 4/2020?

bmilcs

Cadet
Hi,

After successfully flashing my H310 Mini Mono, and enjoying my limited time with FreeNAS in a ESXI vm, I decided I'm going to scrap Unraid altogether.

Before purchasing a dedicated Dell R730XD w/ H330 MINI, I wanted to be sure I can flash it to IT mode before taking the plunge.

Has anyone successfully done this yet?

If not, would a LSI SAS9211-8i put a bottleneck if I populate the 12x 3.5" Front Bays & 2x Flex Bays? I have one in my Unraid server that I could transfer over, once I picked up the necessary cabling.

Thank you in advance and apologies if I sound like a moron.

PS: I am.

-bmilcs

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
For anyone stumbling upon this:
If not, would a LSI SAS9211-8i put a bottleneck if I populate the 12x 3.5" Front Bays & 2x Flex Bays?
Not with HDDs.
Before purchasing a dedicated Dell R730XD w/ H330 MINI, I wanted to be sure I can flash it to IT mode before taking the plunge.
The H330 Mini is nearly identical to the HBA330 Mini, with merely an added flash chip for RAID config stuff. That said, it's probably best to either buy an HBA330 after the fact or configure your server with one from the start.

badmannen

Cadet
there used to be a guide on "serve the home" but it is removed for some reason .... Do you happen to know where I can find it ?

badmannen

Cadet
For anyone stumbling upon this:

Not with HDDs.

The H330 Mini is nearly identical to the HBA330 Mini, with merely an added flash chip for RAID config stuff. That said, it's probably best to either buy an HBA330 after the fact or configure your server with one from the start.
this is the closest I come to a guide for it now .. but that link is INOP :/

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You're right, it used to exist there... I think someone posted a link to a copy at some point, but I have no idea what happened to it.

badmannen

Cadet
I think I can manage with that Reddit post since it got the files and then this video , should be able to figure it out I hope .. ( just bought to H330 that I need to flash =D

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Why not just buy an HBA330? Basically the same price. Hell, I once ordered an HBA330 and was sent an H330 instead because they look the same.

badmannen

Cadet
Why not just buy an HBA330? Basically the same price. Hell, I once ordered an HBA330 and was sent an H330 instead because they look the same.
That´s what I did last time and received a version that was not meant to fit my R730.... I managed to rotate the radiator and by brutal force manage to fit it .... and now they only had H330 in stock in the place a bought a new server in , so yea :/ .. but I suppose it should be fairly straight forward to flash this thing ( hopefully )