Deleted torrent file still taking up space?

sbence

Cadet
I just deleted multiple completed torrent (checking the box to also delete files). It is no longer visible in qBittorrent or Windows Explorer. If I delete files from Explorer there there is no issue like that and there is no Snapshot on the dataset. I also checked mnt/MEDIA/.recycle folder but it is empty. If I check it in SSH it shows that used space is 1.7T but the dataset size is 1.5T:
Capture.JPG

Is there anything I missed?
Thanks!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Try restarting the jail with the torrent client in... maybe that's the jail holding freed space issue.

sbence

Cadet
I tried it but did not helped... but after I restarted the Plex server which solved the problem! Thanks!

Alecmascot

Guru
Try restarting the jail with the torrent client in... maybe that's the jail holding freed space issue.

Hi. I am experiencing this issue on 12.0-U7.
From your comment I thought there might be a Bug Report but I cannot fine one.
Can you elaborate a little ?
Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
This was a bug in 11 as well and was slated to be solved there, but somehow never arrived.

I think the root cause is some kind of connection with child datasets not counting correctly when the parent is presented to the jail. I just have a nightly restart job for my downloader to work around it and haven't thought about it for months.

Alecmascot

Guru
This was a bug in 11 as well and was slated to be solved there, but somehow never arrived.

I think the root cause is some kind of connection with child datasets not counting correctly when the parent is presented to the jail. I just have a nightly restart job for my downloader to work around it and haven't thought about it for months.
Ok. Thanks
I have a replication task for the whole of the pool. It attempts to replicate the phantom space that at times is quite large, but the space is not present on the target dataset !
I will skip replication for that dataset and setup a periodic restart of the Medusa jail.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
I have a replication task for the whole of the pool. It attempts to replicate the phantom space that at times is quite large, but the space is not present on the target dataset !

Then the space is referred to in the snapshots of the source dataset, and will continue to be until those snapshots are deleted.

Alecmascot

Guru
Then the space is referred to in the snapshots of the source dataset, and will continue to be until those snapshots are deleted.
BUt deleting any snapshots does not clear the allocated space in the dataset !b Only restarting the jail does that.

Last edited:

sretalla