Default Save Path

numbertwo

Dabbler
Hi,
I have done a mountpoint as in the following :
1589453172267.png

but how do i relate this to the ' Default Save Path:' in the WebGUI ? Do i put the mount point full Destination path replacing the default value "//Downloads" ?

1589453126971.png

Tks

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Inside the qbittorrent jail, the mount point is /root/media. Try that as your save path.

numbertwo

Dabbler
an update.

If i put in /root/media as shown:
1589462627115.png

it will go to \iocage\jails\qbittorrent\root\root\media

so, i'm now trying to put just /media . Let's see, shall update again.

numbertwo

Dabbler
So, yes, /media will do.

Here is the complete picture in case someone needs it:

In the jails mouting points setup, source and destination are :
Source : /mnt/Data/Media/Movies
Destination : /mnt/Data/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media

In qbittorrent WebGui setup:
Default Save Path : /media/

in Windows explorer i am then able to find my media files at : \\{Freenas server}\Data\Media\Movies

Tks.

jcoffey0093

Dabbler
Inside the qbittorrent jail, the mount point is /root/media. Try that as your save path.
So, yes, /media will do.

Here is the complete picture in case someone needs it:

In the jails mouting points setup, source and destination are :
Source : /mnt/Data/Media/Movies
Destination : /mnt/Data/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media

In qbittorrent WebGui setup:
Default Save Path : /media/

in Windows explorer i am then able to find my media files at : \\{Freenas server}\Data\Media\Movies

I tried setting my destination to "/mnt/Mac/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media" but i couldn't save the path. Error Destination directory must be empty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I tried setting my destination to "/mnt/Mac/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/media" but i couldn't save the path. Error Destination directory must be empty.
Yes. As a 'mount point' the directory has to be empty, so the very last portion of the path would be the directory that would be empty, as a freshly created directory. If you list the directory referenced by that path and it has *any* contents, even another directory, then you will not be able to mount there. Look closely at what you're attempting, you will likely see where the slip up is. I wish you success.

jcoffey0093

Dabbler
Thank you, I added qbittorrent. Here is my mount
/mnt/Mac/Data/qbittorrent
/mnt/Mac/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root/qbittorrent

I created three subdirtories (completed, torrents and download) in pools under qbittorrent

sharing using AFP

When I access qbittorrent in shell, I'm able to see the torrents that I have downloaded.

The torrents are not showing in afp folders

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Do you have any other suggestion

I'm sorry, I do not know AFP, however, I looked it up (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Filing_Protocol) and I see one detail that might need adjustment:
Code:
Notable current compatibility topics are:
  1. Mac OS X v10.4 and later eliminates support for AFP servers that rely solely on AppleTalk for communication.
  2. Computers using classic Mac OS can connect to AFP 3.x servers, with some limitations. For example, the maximum file size in Mac OS 8 is 2 gigabytes. Typically, Mac OS 9.1 or later is recommended for connecting to AFP 3.x servers; for versions of original Mac OS prior to 9.1, installation of the AppleShare client 3.8.8 is required.
  3. AFP 3.0 and later is required for network home directories, since Mac OS X requires POSIX permissions on user home directories. Single sign-on using Kerberos requires AFP 3.1.
  4. APFS: AFP is incompatible with sharing of APFS volumes but is still usable as a Time Machine destination in High Sierra
So with that (#3), I believe they mean the style UNIX has, like: drwxr-xr-x or at the very least, how ever it is done on Mac, set the permissions on those directories as (r)ead and e(x)ecute, although possibly (w)rite needs to be set as well, possibly ownership need to be changed? I am not sure how all of this works together, I have not setup anything similar.

jcoffey0093

Dabbler
Thank you for your suggestion. Could this issue be avoided by using SMB shares vice AFP?