Dataset disappeared and pool has permanent errors.

S

SpeedMallow

Hello, recently (not sure when exactly), one of my pools' datasets has disappeared from my FreeNAS, and when I run 'zpool status -v poolname', I get the following. Oddly enough, I can still access the content that is on the server through plex, but my Radarr seems to be offline—its service isn't restarting or stopping and hangs at waiting for PID—whilst Sonarr and SABnzbd are online. (They're all in the same jail and on that hard drive IIRC. I think Plex is also on that hard drive but can't remember.)

NF7akCw.png

This indicates that I have a permanent error. I'm not too sure what that means. Is my drive corrupt? How can I go about fixing this whilst keeping all my content?

Thanks.

hervon

Patron
https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/forum-rules.45124/

It's important to remember that hardware information is extremely important when diagnosing problems so please make sure to include this information if you need help troubleshooting a problem. This includes:

• Motherboard make and model
  • CPU make and model
  • RAM quantity
  • Hard drives, quantity, model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives
  • Hard disk controllers
  • Network cards
Did you read the screenshot ? Did you try the action on line 5 ?

S

SpeedMallow

https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/forum-rules.45124/

It's important to remember that hardware information is extremely important when diagnosing problems so please make sure to include this information if you need help troubleshooting a problem. This includes:

• Motherboard make and model
  • CPU make and model
  • RAM quantity
  • Hard drives, quantity, model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives
  • Hard disk controllers
  • Network cards
Did you read the screenshot ? Did you try the action on line 5 ?
I have tried the command it said to and it has been running for 24 hours but nothing has happened.
bYjaITo.png

I have just rebooted my server and I endlessly get SCSI sense: MEDIUM ERROR, Unrecovered read error for the drive in question. I'm guessing my drive is long gone and corrupted?

Motherboard: Supermicro X9DRi-LN4+/X9DR3-LN4+
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L 0 @ 2.00GHz (24 cores)
RAM: 32gb (8x4gb)
Hard disks:
WD80EMAZ-00WJTA0 8tb
WD40EZRZ-00WN9B0 4tb - the hard drive in question
WD1002FBYS-02A6B0 1tb
BX500 120gb
Hard disk controller: LSI8308ELP Raid Controller

styno

Patron
Yes that looks like a bad drive in (unfortunately) a single drive pool. You can confirm this with a smart drive report.

S

SpeedMallow

Yes that looks like a bad drive in (unfortunately) a single drive pool. You can confirm this with a smart drive report.
Alright, thanks. Time to buy another drive I guess.