Dashboard reporting issues

Sean Coston

Contributor
Hi,

I just moved my FreeNAS install to new hardware and have noticed that the Dashboard reporting for CPU temp and processor % usage are not populating.

Did I configure something wrong somewhere? I know my motherboard reports CPU temps because I can access that info on the IPMI.
Is it because it is a dual processor motherboard? Does FreeNAS not know how to select one or average reported info?

Attached are some images of the Dashboard and reports from my FreeNAS GUI the last 4 reports always show the exact same tracings, which are inaccurate:
FreeNAS DashBoard.png

FreeNAS CPU-pct.png

FreeNAS CPU-load.png

Everything is running fine, just the FreeNAS Dashboard widgets and some of the reports are not functioning...

Thanks for any help.

Sean

D

dlavigne

We have some fixes coming in U3. If the issue persists for you after updating once that update becomes available, please create a report at redmine.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.

Gen8 Runner

Contributor
Hi,
i am still having Dashboard-Issues. Like you can see in the screenshot, it just doesn't load any of the graphs. The graphs just stay blank.
Are you still working on fixing those problems? I am running on FreeNAS-11.2-U5.

Brgds
Gen
Dashboard.JPG
8 Runner

D

dlavigne

@Gen8 Runner these should be all fixed for 11.3. If you have a chance to test a nightly (you can do so by burning a nightly to a different usb stick and temporarily booting from it to perform the test), please let us know if any dashboard issues remain for your hardware.

Gen8 Runner

Contributor
@Gen8 Runner these should be all fixed for 11.3. If you have a chance to test a nightly (you can do so by burning a nightly to a different usb stick and temporarily booting from it to perform the test), please let us know if any dashboard issues remain for your hardware.

Hey dlavigne,
i just setup a new ESXI machine with a fresh image from your website (11.2 U5) and the problem still exists. So no change for this issue. The used hardware is in my signature.

Dashboard.JPG

Damianos

iXsystems
iXsystems
Hey dlavigne,
i just setup a new ESXI machine with a fresh image from your website (11.2 U5) and the problem still exists. So no change for this issue. The used hardware is in my signature...

As Dru mentioned earlier, you have to test the nightlies not stable train. The dashboard and the reporting pages have been redone for 11.3. In addition to a complete redesign, the overhaul involved fundamental changes in how the UI is getting it's data. For this reason they can't be back ported to 11.2. You'll know when you are on nightlies because then you're dashboard would look like this...

1565910474123.png

Gen8 Runner

Contributor
Ahh alright. I didn't read properly, thought from U3 it is solved. I just tested in a virtual machine the 11.3 and everything worked smooth. Much better, than in the 11.2 U5. Just yet no temperature shown for the CPU, but maybe that's also due to the use of ESXI.

D

dlavigne

@Gen8 Runner thanks for the confirmation. If you don't mind making a ticket at bugs.ixsystems.com that includes your debug, we can take a look at the ESXI issue.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You're not going to get temperature reports if you've virtualized your FreeNAS. This isn't a bug. You will have to call out to the IPMI over the network to collect system information like that. A major point of a hypervisor is to isolate a VM from the hypervisor host platform, which allows the presentation of a uniform hardware view to all VM's.