Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

CURRENT 19-10 has been released

Rod Myers

FreeNAS Experienced
Thanks
to be honest, CURRENT is becoming a real pain to get updates for. it's taken, more than a month this time, to get things where they actually build.

I'll pass this along, for a better response.

Rod Myers

FreeNAS Experienced
Thanks
grub2-bhyve fails to compile with this error:
gcc8 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../intl -MT argp-eexst.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/argp-eexst.Tpo -c -o argp-eexst.o argp-eexst.c
In file included from argp.h:22,
from argp-eexst.c:25:
./stdio.h:456:1: error: 'gets' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'getw'?
_GL_WARN_ON_USE (gets, "gets is a security hole - use fgets instead");
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gmake[5]: *** [Makefile:1030: argp-eexst.o] Error 1

Thanks
Thank you.
So it means replacing 'gets' with 'fgets' should fix it.
I'll try it if I manage to update my CURRENT.
Is there a way to forward this fix to TrueOS devs - or even FreeBSD's?
(I give up reporting bugs in FreeBSD's bug system. It seems my e-mails are never delivered, and recovering my password never works there.)

Thanks
to be honest, CURRENT is becoming a real pain to get updates for. it's taken, more than a month this time, to get things where they actually build.
I imagine. I use VMware for *BSD, and I can't get any of them to boot under CURRENT, except for Trident. I was assuming you guys had some magical powers! :cool: Until now. 19-10 won't boot. Downloads all 900+ packages, I reboot, it installs the packages, boots, I reboot, it goes through the menu, tries to do the initial load, and... fail.

Oh, well. Back to 19-08. No biggie. Maybe next time. :) (And thanks for all the hard work you guys do!)