Curious Traffic: Looking at my network interface there is a spike every 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamunks

Cadet
My reporting section on my freshly upgraded FreeNAS 8.1RC1 shouldn't have any network traffic right? Unless its the CIFS reporting to the network or something because that is the only service I have activated to this point not even SSH.

I'm slightly paranoid because my freenas 7 had been compromised and i won't dump my whole Zpool to ensure its all cleaned off.

(There also seems to be no package available for scanning for viruses but thats offtopic.)

chamunks

Cadet
I am yes. I don't really know where to begin to look for the logs and I'm doubting there would be that fine grained of logs by default.
Screenshot here.
http://goo.gl/3EbQS

Durkatlon

Patron
My guess is that it is the actual refresh of the graphs in the Reporting screen that are causing the spikes, since that happens with a 10 minute interval.

chamunks

Cadet
@Durkatlon, This could very well be but it was spiked like that I believe before I logged in today but I will check it out.

@louisk, I will try that that would be a solid test. It strikes me that this graph should be a bit more real-time than that but that very well could be.

chamunks

Cadet
Well @Durkatlon turns out I left another machine logged into and focused on the reports section so you were right it was the traffic from the packets updating the browser.

===Resolved===

Status
Not open for further replies.