Console messages appearing from another server IP

RP@45

Cadet
Hi folks,

Have a message that I've seen before but am puzzled as to the information in it. I've attached a screenshot of the console messages that I keep receiving from our server. The only odd thing is that the IP (192.168.1.6) is of a DROBO on the same network and switch as the server running FreeNAS.

I was just curious as if this is normal to see another device's lag changes could be appearing in the console messages and if it's nothing to really be concerned about.

I think breaking the drobo's bonded interface and going to a single link interface will eliminate these messages but I wanted to post here to see if this could be of any concern. We've had this server become unresponsive twice over the last month and looking into the settings of the sever, this is the only thing to me that sticks out as odd.

Please let me know if there's any hardware info needed to diagnose and I will place in a reply.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Console Messages.PNG
    Console Messages.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 226

c32767a

Patron
I was just curious as if this is normal to see another device's lag changes could be appearing in the console messages and if it's nothing to really be concerned about.
FreeBSD is informing you that the ARP information used to map that IP to an ethernet address of another device on the network has changed.

It's not an indication of a problem on your FreeNAS box, but depending on the reason why multiple MAC addresses are answering ARPs for the same IP, it may be a problem for your network. I would pass the information on to whomever manages your network and let them investigate to determine if it's an issue or not.