Confusing about HBA card recommendation

virusbcn

Explorer
I have an HP DL180G6 to become my main NAS, after studying all the links in this forum on hardware recommendations I got down to business, at first I thought to put 6 disks of 8 Tb WD Red and bought an HP H220 which is an LSI9207-8i, but then I saw an unrefined offer on 4 TB WD RED SATA disks and bought all I could physically put, then I bought 10 disks 4 Tb WD RED to make a RaidZ2.

When mounting everything I see that logically with 8 disks everything works perfectly, but the 9 and 10 I cannot put them, the DL180G6 has a backboard with only one SFF-8087 connector and there are no loose power connectors in sight, then I see that I have two options left, the simple one that would be to buy a "-16i" controller the problem is that they are very expensive, around $150, or look to connect those two disks directly to the motherboard controller, and take the power out of one of the four SATA power connectors I have free on the backboard, which is a problem because of space and because it is an all-in-one connector, along with the data and I can't find a cable, I would have to make some "fix".

I have doubts about the subject of the SAS expander, since the DL180G6 backboard is supposed to have one to be able to support up to 14 3.5" disks with only one SFF-8087 connector, however with my H220 it hangs on the boot when I have all 10 disks connected. -> https://www.servethehome.com/hp-proliant-dl180-g6-dual-intel-xeon-2u-storage-server-review/

could any expert recommend me some good option to follow ???

Thank you

virusbcn

Explorer
I did a little DIY and managed to connect the two disks I had "left over" to the motherboard controller, they are no longer "hot swap" but work perfectly

Anyway, I still think...

Which is the cheapest HBA controller we recommend for my 10-disk SATA WD Red 4 Tb system?