Configuration Help Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthikjoe

Dabbler
Hi Team

We 're recruitment consultancy and we're using shared MS Office Product files only. Our work flow is we share a one work book with all employees and they all are working under that one work book and also hyperlinked some word files in that work book. When i click that word file hyperlink then that file is opened for viewing or editing.That's all.

Now we're using windows shares but we're plan to use FreeNAS. So i need some configuration help without problems in long terms.

My system Config.

1. Intel Core i5 3.00Ghz.
2. 1TB Seagate HDD 3 No's 7200 Rpm.
3. 16 GB DDR3 RAM Transcend Non ECC.
4. Intel Mother Board DH67BL (LGA1155).
5. Intel Gigabyte Ethernet Port.
6. FreeNAS 11.1.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's not going to work. Unless very recent versions of Office changed things around, you can't open the same file locally from multiple instances and expect it to work.

You can do so with OneDrive, however.

karthikjoe

Dabbler
Hi @Ericloewe But Now We're working with using windows Shared PC. And in existing method is we shared a work book then our all employees are working with same work book.

Glorious1

Guru
Hi @Ericloewe But Now We're working with using windows Shared PC. And in existing method is we shared a work book then our all employees are working with same work book.
What do you mean by work book? Are you talking about an Excel spreadsheet? Maybe the Windows OS has some way to negotiate multiple users in the file at the same time, but I doubt that will happen in FreeNAS.

By the way, the hardware you describe (to the extent I understand) doesn't look like it meets the recommendations for FreeNAS.
FreeNAS Hardware Minimum Requirements
Ericloewe's FreeNAS Hardware Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.