Complete FreeNAS noob trying to get nextcloud working constantly getting Your data directory is readable by other users error

Forgive me in advance for my lack of understanding on FreeNAS I'm dipping my toe in the pool so to speak. But my naivete ultimately made me post this so any help is appreciated. So I installed the nextcloud plugin got it started with an IP address, set the mount destination to /media and the source to my existing share so I can access my files out of network.

But after accessing the nextcloud web page and retrieving the db username and password for setup upon completing setup the page reloads and I get this error

Your data directory is readable by other users
Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.
Nexcloud error 0770.png

I'm really sorry if this is a "DUH" moment but I spent most of my holiday trying to wrap my head around this error, I've consulted manuals, guides digging inside this forum but as I stated before I'm barely hitting the surface when it comes to any of this understanding this so any ideas?

garm

Wizard
What’s your data directory and what permissions are set?

data directory is /media for the data directory option during the next cloud during setup.

The permissions for the pool that has the jail for nextcloud is set to the www user and group.
pool user is set to www.png

Sorry if I didn't answer correctly

Sigh... I don't know. At this point, I just deleted the jail and will try another alternative than nextcloud or just accept that if I want to access my files its going to be when I'm home. I don't mean to ask questions that may come off as stupid on this forum, you all are amazing but this is becoming a time sink so I might have to quit this desire to get Nextcloud working with my existing dataset /SMB Share and just cut my losses, thanks anyway.

samuel-emrys

Contributor
Sigh... I don't know. At this point, I just deleted the jail and will try another alternative than nextcloud or just accept that if I want to access my files its going to be when I'm home. I don't mean to ask questions that may come off as stupid on this forum, you all are amazing but this is becoming a time sink so I might have to quit this desire to get Nextcloud working with my existing dataset /SMB Share and just cut my losses, thanks anyway.
If your directory is /media, it sounds like you should be able to execute the following from the shell:
chmod -R 0770 /media
This would seemingly address the issues that it's complaining about. This sets the permissions rwxrwx--- (owning user has read, write execute, owning group has read, write execute, all other users have no permissions. More details)

Alternatively, I wrote a pretty detailed guide on setting up manually if you want to understand what's going on from dataset construction to completion, or @danb35 wrote a script to automate the process moreso than what the plugin provides