ClamAV - How To

jlw52761

Explorer
This is going to sound like a complete noob question, and I guess I am a noob to FreeBSD, but I'm an old hat with Linux and Windows, so please take it easy on me :D
Anyway, so I installed the ClamAV plugin and wondering how the heck to use it. I can usually intuit such things from the configs, but the only config's I see are in the /usr/local/etc directory in the jail.
If I want this to scan my NFS share, do I just mount the backing dataset to the jail and call it good? What about configuring on access scanning, or scheduled scanning?

Baenwort

Explorer
Couple Guides:

or

I'm sure there are more but both of these work and automate a daily scan along with email notifications to you.

jlw52761

Explorer
Hmm, great links for setting everything up manually, but I am under the impression that the purpose of the plugins is point and click.

Baenwort

Explorer
True but since I didn't use the plug-in I can't help with it. I figured you'd gone long enough without help that what worked for me would be better then nothing.

sretalla