Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Citadel - Build Plan and Log

ctag

Thanks
OK, a month later and I finally am getting back to the system.

Upgraded to 11.2-U5. Everything looks good so far.

I need to respond to that bug ticket I had about the scrolling...

I saw this on the kernel log yesterday:
2019-09-03_22-37.png

And then got this as an email:
bns-citadel.local kernel log messages:
> ugen6.2: <CP1000PFCLCD CRDA103BJ1> at usbus6 (disconnected)
> ugen6.2: <CP1000PFCLCD CRDA103BJ1> at usbus6

-- End of security output --
I'm curious if there's something I need to do to fix my UPS configuration.. Sometimes I get a half dozen of those disconnected alerts in a daily email.

Thanks
I'm trying to fix up my rsync backup tasks, since they stopped working when I switched to using `.local` for my home network.

I think I have it all set up right. I can SSH from the NAS to my desktop computer with a keypair. But the Freenas GUI says "Unknown OpenSSH private key algorithm"

Attachments

Thanks
If I dig into /etc/crontab and take the old rsync task, update it to have .local for the hostname, and run it, it appears to work. So whatever is keeping me from saving the config on the GUI appears to be some sort of validation on the webpage..?

1568123188713.png

Thanks
Disabling "Validate remote path" on the rsync task allows me to save the task, and the hostname is appropriately updated. But now clicking "Run now" has no effect, and nothing is written to the system log even though the "Rsync task started" popup appears...

Thanks
Using the .local. domain for local networks causes problems, as it is used by mDNS. See https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6762#appendix-G

If you have a registered domain (e.g. example.com), it's best to use a subdomain of that (e.g. local.example.com). If not, pick another TLD that is unlikely to be registered globally (the above link suggests .intranet, .internal, .private, .corp, .home, or .lan)

Thanks
Using the .local. domain for local networks causes problems, as it is used by mDNS. See https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6762#appendix-G

If you have a registered domain (e.g. example.com), it's best to use a subdomain of that (e.g. local.example.com). If not, pick another TLD that is unlikely to be registered globally (the above link suggests .intranet, .internal, .private, .corp, .home, or .lan)
Ah, dang it. I was trying to do things the "right" way! Thank you for letting me know.

I own a domain, and previously had tried using it for external and internal resolution, but that seemed to cause problems. I'm not sure how to setup a subdomain for local use, but I'll look into it.

Aaaand I got this email this morning. Oh no!
2019-09-11_11-28.png