SOLVED Chelsio T520-SO-CR fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHeartMacs

Explorer
cCx3n7
IMG_9345.jpg" alt="IMG_9345" border="0">
Hi friends,

I bought a Chelsio T520-SO-CR off ebay. What showed up doens't look anything like pictures I've seen. I cannot find any info when I put in what I think is the board revision number or the Part Number. (110-1188-50 Rev A or PT2170820) MAC:00:07:43:3E:AC:C8 I've included some pics and I was hopping this is the right sub to post in. I know the likely hood of this being a fake is small, more likely they sent me the wrong part but I wasn't sure how to title this post. Thank you to anyone who can tell me what I have because I've been searching all morning for a chelsio card that looks like this and can't seem to find it. I thought the T520-SO's had a bigger heat sink and from what I see in pics it looks a third larger than this card.

iHeartMacs

Explorer
IMG_8432.jpg
IMG_9345.jpg

iHeartMacs

Explorer
I do not know if this particular card is legit or not but PART#110-1188-50 comes up on http://productspec.ul.com/canada/document.php?id=NWGQ7.E311704 as T520-SO-CR
Oh cool thanks for that. I couldn't find that page. Just makes this more difficult as I'm reading about how the T520-SO-CR has a bigger heat sink and then I see this. Like with all gear this is probably a different build of that card but for the life of me I can't find a pic of a card like this. Worse, how do I know if this one is as good, better or worse heat wise then the one I see in pics every time I search T520-..... I'm wondering if these cards come in all sorts of configurations. Shoot for all I know this one might run cooler. Ha doubt it.

iHeartMacs

Explorer
I GOT AN ANSWER FROM CHELSIO! This card is the latest revision and because of the efficiency of the chip under the heat sink this card no longer needs the huge heat sink and stays cooler!

good to hear it is a legit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.