Change the default FTP service

kagurazaki

Cadet
Hi, First I am a linux/unix novice so you may have to dumb things down for me.

I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me if its possible to swap the default Proftp service with PureFTP
I am currently using fog project in a VM and want to use freenas as a storage node.
Everything works fine with fog with the nfs side of things but Proftp causes problems
(it wont move/rename a full folder for some reason)
https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/9850/freenas-ftp-command-question.

so after i disabled the default plugin and installed pureftp fog worked first time. only problem now is after a full system reboot (to check all is well) pureFTP is not installed anymore and pkg wont let me install anything now.

I know im supposed to use a jail and not install in the main os but all i need to do is swap this one little ftp server and all my problems are fixed.
moving it to a jail will just cause more problems as the nfs and ftp MUST be on the same ip and i cant move my nfs server into a jail.

hope someone can help

kagurazaki

Cadet
I have given up and moved to Open Media Vault as its easy to modify. now everything works as intended.
Its a shame because i really like freenas. :(

blueether

Patron
form reading the link in the OP it looks like it is how the instructions are set up that is the biggest issue, if you set it up on the same dataset would it all just work?