cdrtools for FreeNAS 11.3

noaxispoint

Cadet
I had the need to get cdrtools on my FreeNAS servers for a while now for burning direct to CD/DVD. I won't get into specifics but if you are also in need of this I wanted to share the compiled binaries. These were built by creating a jail on my FreeNAS server (running FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2) and compiling the port sysutils/cdrtools. This was compiled with PREFIX=/opt/cdrtools but you should be able to put these anywhere on your system and run as long as you have the execute bit set (chmod +x).

You can build these yourself but you have to do a couple of things. I recommend creating a new jail then do the following:

# portsnap auto
# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrtools
# make PREFIX=/opt/tmp/cdrtools
... go thru prompts. I excluded docs. Note: If need lame/ogg/etc support then you'll have to go through more steps prior to this such as installing perl into the system preferred location.
It'll fail at which at that point you'll need to do add /opt/tmp/cdrtools into your path. You can prob skip this part by preinstalling indexinfo.
# setenv PATH /opt/tmp/cdrtools/bin:$PATH
Then clean your ports
# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrtools
# make clean
Now rebuild to a new directory (for example /opt/cdrtools)
# make PREFIX=/opt/cdrtools

Once it finished you'll have these binaries under /opt/cdrtools/...

Hope this helps someone. Sorry for my bland and crude instructions.

These work with the FreeBSD 11.3.

Binary Download: http://conway.us/FreeNAS/11.3/cdrtools/3.01/cdrtools.txz
SHA256 (cdrtools.txz) = 2cf9ef8cf2366590766fbf27ab44de5abd14dc8812f6da85cd37b6e98f353fc8

Build Environment:
FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2
FreeBSD cdr 11.3-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE-p9 #0 r325575+588899735f7(HEAD): Mon Jun 1 15:04:31 EDT 2020 root@mp20.tn.ixsystems.com:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/objs/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/sys/FreeNAS.amd64 amd64
hw.model: AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
hw.machine: amd64
hw.ncpu: 4
Language en_US (I made no attempt to include any other languages/localization)