Catalina broke SMB

okynnor

Explorer
Hi,

Has anyone else been experiencing access denied issues under Catalina with SMB?

I don't see this issue under Mojave.

okynnor

Explorer
I upgraded to Catalina. I have my share of problems, but none are SMB-related.

My SMB works if the share matches the user logged but for shares with permissions as 'nobody', those don't work.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
My SMB works if the share matches the user logged but for shares with permissions as 'nobody', those don't work.
Hmm... I'll have to investigate later on. It's perhaps possible that they altered guest behavior to mimic the latest Windows behavior (i.e. don't allow it). Does console (on the Mac) show anything on the failed attempts to access the share?

okynnor

Explorer
Hmm... I'll have to investigate later on. It's perhaps possible that they altered guest behavior to mimic the latest Windows behavior (i.e. don't allow it). Does console (on the Mac) show anything on the failed attempts to access the share?

I wanted to update you so far. I moved from using a USB stick to an actual SSD as a boot up device. Suddenly, I saw on boot up that the rrdcached was getting filled up. so far, at least the last 24 hours, I can access all the folder that have 'nobody' permissions as well as those that I can only access. do you know why?